Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a custom Enhancement to negate Taint from Quantum scores? (Aberrant 1st Ed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a custom Enhancement to negate Taint from Quantum scores? (Aberrant 1st Ed)

I thought I remember there was something similar to 1st Editions' Taint Resistance Enhancement, but negated Taint from high Quantum scores instead of high Node ratings.

I can't find it, though. Did I dream it up?

I vaguely remember an Intelligence based power that suppressed mental aberrations, but I haven't read the 1E book in years, and it was a friend's copy, so I can't check.

Comment

EDIT: Never mind; the title threw me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        EDIT: Never mind; the title threw me off.
        Lol! I'm insanely curious what your original post was.

Comment

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but there is Qǐ Mēng/Enlightenment in Aberrant: The New Flesh fan-supplement. It’s a combat style/anti-chrysalis With one of its techniques allowing for taint reduction at a hefty XP-cost. It got about half a page of errata and a new technique in another fan supplement( Aberrant: Nexus).

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post

Lol! I'm insanely curious what your original post was.
            Same lol 😂😂

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

The only one I'm aware of is the Taint Resistance enhancement for Mega-Intelligence. However, it only works for Taint gained from the Node background. As far as I know, there is nothing to reduce your Taint from having high Quantum. However, I've only read the core book, player's guide, and Terragen books.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                The only one I'm aware of is the Taint Resistance enhancement for Mega-Intelligence. However, it only works for Taint gained from the Node background. As far as I know, there is nothing to reduce your Taint from having high Quantum. However, I've only read the core book, player's guide, and Terragen books.
                I can't speak for fan supplements, but there's nothing Official that I've read which truly offers anything like. Aside from one of the Merits in the Player's Guide (which helps avoid temporary taint) and Chrysalis nothing truly removes/avoids Permanent Taint.

Comment

There is the fan netbook out there called Aberrant Nexus. It introduces the idea of Mega Willpower and that has an enhancement called Crucible which if taken several times can reduce Taint levels, but its definitely for high levels play. You can't really get rid of permanent Taint until Mega Willpower 8 which of course requires Quantum 8. Its worth noting that high levels of Taint precludes you from taking Mega Willpower at all so you have to be a good boy and buy nothing Tainted. Its a good addition to the game for 1st edition as defenses against Mega Socials and mental powers were lacking. While Mental SHield works to a limited degree. Anybody with Domination and good levels of Mega Manipulation would probably defeat even that.

Comment

Working...
                  X