Tron in Storypath

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron in Storypath

As IT nerd, I'm all for Tron movie franchise. With Tron 3 coming, I'm reading for some gaming in Storypath. How would you make Tron setting with Trinity?

Graphics effects of movie 1 & 2 for bonus 😎 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7SevBiT5s

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Tron is a fun concept, as most of the characters are no more than small programs running on a mainframe. They are not even complex programs. Yet it’s awesome the way it is portrayed in the original movie, with the actor that played the programmer also played the program, and how the OS is portrayed as a tyrannical over mind with programs being used by the OS to different ends than the original programming. Except by the guy going into the computer, it’s the most interesting metaphor to explain how a computer system works with no programming language or anything like that. At least for a multi terminal system.

Anyway, I would make programs as simple antagonists (simple as “focused on a single”, not as “week”), each one good on their jobs and basically useless in other tasks. The characters themselves are humans digitalized, so they are as complex as needed, and would have some “user powers”, like understanding how the system works, having access to different information or even hacking.

How user powers works is another thing, I would probably go with acting the procedural, letting the characters use paths and other skills in place of the hacking and information access regular rolls. Hard to tell any other detail, must think more...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

In times of Tron (2) Legacy premiere ( 2010 ) I was preparing to run d20 system based on the idea - Horizon: Virtual. It's base premise is that characters are humans in computer or basic program types, based on fundamental d20 stats - Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, Charisma, each own type - that are infected by AI virus, becoming sentient programs themselves ( i.e. Players Characters ). Some food for thought for the Storypath setting.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
      X