Modern Psiad Idea Dicussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Psiad Idea Dicussion

Hey all, so I am in a Trinity mood. Well, really, I am in an Adventure! mood but as that is not out in the Storypath I figure discussing Aeon might be the next best thing.

My idea is. Its modern day. In a version of the Continuum without Novas. Aeon Society can exist, though it doesn't.

You, or a personification or a character, have become a Psiad. As far as you can tell you are alone - though this might not be true, other Psiads might exist as well.

(As a note I picked Psiad rather than Psion because a) I wanted spontaneous creation to be the way you gain power, and b) I want access to multiple Aptitudes.)

The question becomes what do you do. How do you use your newly gained powers. And what sort of Powers would you want.

Me, my two primary Aptitudes would be Telepthy and either Electrokinesis or Psychokinesis, not sure. I will say this, I would definitely spread things out so that I have at least one, if not two, dots in every Mode possible. I might go deep in my main field but I would also go wide, very wide.

I figure there would be a lot of hidden exploration of what I can do, once the whole 'wow, do I really have these powers' moment faded away. Afterward my first action would be to find a way to 'legally' get myself money - this is necessary as money unfortunately is needed to become secure in our world, and I think being secure with powers would be very useful. I figure something with creating and running a corporation might be useful as a way to gain lots of money relatively quickly.

My other main thing is that unless my hand is forced I would keep my new state a secret. Maybe tell my parents, though that depends on the character's relationship with them, same with a significant other.

I would also be on the look out for others, not just people with a similar ability but also governments and organizations that might know something about my state. I do have to admit I am not entirely sure what I would do if I ran in the Aeon Society, I gotta think more on this.

Feel free to provide your own ideas. Additionally, feel free to vary the setting itself. Like if you want x to exist but I made it seem not there, then add x to your version.

Oh, as a thought, Talents probably do exist. They are normal enough to have moved under the radar and such.

So yeah, I hope others participate in this thought train as well.

Basic paranoia from a lifetime of pop culture means I tell nobody, out of fear of getting the wrong sort of attention. Having legitimate psychic powers is the most interesting thing to ever happen to me, so my current interests atrophy while I spend all my time exploring my psychic potential. Powers that can be practiced alone, and in a non-destructive way would get the most practice, so likely possibilities:

Biokinesis: Psychomorphing and Transmogrify. Adaptation is hard to learn without getting poisoned/sick.
    Clairsentience: Psychometry and Psycholocation. Psychocognition is difficult to learn if you're never in danger, and you don't want to put yourself in danger.
    Electrokinesis: Any can be learned at low levels. Trying to zap things with lasers/electricity is unwise.
    Psychokinesis: Thermokinesis 1/Telekinesis. Are you likely to learn Perikinesis without being attacked? A tennis ball launcher may help, but THEY may see you practice.
    Quantakinesis: Probably locked. Energetics and Transmutation could be learned, but you can't learn to counter powers without other powers to counter.
    Telepathy: Rapport is easy enough. Hard to learn Mind Shield without Telepaths to shield against. Mindshare requires another person to train with.
    Teleportation: All three can be learned alone with little danger of exposure, and are great for escaping from THEM.
    Vitakinesis: Hard to learn Iatrosis without injuring yourself or becoming known as a faith healer. Similar problems with Algesis. Practice Augendis on yourself.

Comment

I would want powers that are not visible by any mean, like Clairsentience and Vitakinesis.

Clairsentience is useful to make some money on stock market, even if not much to avoid attention, if you can look one day or two in the future. Also, loving to travel, I would love to just sit in my sofa and project me somewhere...

VK can be used to boost yourself in many ways, and if you get hurt you heal faster, what is very helpful if you get some kind of exciting job, like archeologist (Indiana Jones like, not the usual), field scientist (going Antarctica, why not?), war or catastrophe reporter, field medic, etc.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I´d also keep it low, but over the time there would be people who know at least a little, but in the long run I´d possible move to a location with a high grad in superstition and faith healing.

As much as I like Translocation and Clairsentience, VK & Biokenesis - would almost reverse most effects of aging, I could even save loved ones from illnesses. Just the idea to heal mental illnesses and trauma with a mere expression of psi is mindboggling to me.

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
        Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

The ideas here are really cool. Glad to read them.

So I wonder if others would actually announce themselves and their new powers. hehe

As the powers go here are some more of my thoughts.

Biokinesis is not exactly something that will let one easily make money, at least not if they wish to keep their secret. But it could be useful to try and hide oneself a bit more, that and maybe improve their physical and mental abilities.

Clairsentience is very useful in knowing what to do to profit and advance. All three modes have their advantages, like Psycholocation Dowsing being used to find Gold or something to make more money and Psychocognition being used to find the best path forward. Also it can just be fun, I mean imagining standing outside and using Sensor Manipulation to see Mars. So cool.

Eletrokinesis might be one of the 'easier' powers to make profit from. You work with technology and machines and computers. In some ways you can be like Tony Stakr and invent cool new techs.

Psychokinesis is not so useful if you stay at home and remain safe, though Telekinesis is always useful as it can be fun to get stuff by reaching out to it rather than moving to get it. Remote Hands is a two dot power and it requires no Psi, so its easy to use.

Quantakinesis is offiically not something one can get, but if we are going with the idea of Psiads manifesting in the modern day then I see no reason to prohibit that aptitude from use. Which could lead to all sorts of fun uses when it starts to develop.

Telepathy has a lot of the easy methods to gain power and such, especially in a world that doesn't exactly have knowledge that one needs to hide their very thoughts.

Teleportation is hard to get but once its gotten there is much potential in not having to move about through space the normal way. One could pick a couple of stops to act as stepping stones and so you can go where you need to go easily and quickly.

Vitakinesis is useful on the whole healing others part, and also being better and healthier yourself (the whole living forever thing helps too) but its hard to hide having this abilty if you want to use it to help others.

Going over the Aptitudes I do really think my initial idea of Telepathy and Electrokinesis would be my go to primary. I would probably develop Clair to as high as I can because its useful, same with Telekinesis. BK would be useful to get to make myself healthier but I wouldn't foucus on it, sake with VK. QK would tried to be gotten and so would Teleportation.

Comment

Trinity Psionics, unlike other powers, seem to develop along the lines that suit the person. If I am allowed to choose which of these Aptitudes I develop as primary then I guarantee a world of bad. Unfortunately for the world I am part of several at-risk populations stripped of their voice and agency.

To begin, I will absolutely keep this development under wraps. Living alone and in quarantine makes it very easy to go under the radar building up powers. I will have to make Teleportation one of my primary aptitudes, which will require at least a decent amount of Clairsentience to guide me, though I'm unsure of the others. if Quantakinesis is an option it will be explored much later, though Telekinesis is probably of more immediate use. I'm not afraid to say that with several months of practice behind me in using these new powers, I'll busy myself in eliminating groups that shold have been labeled domestic terrorists by now, and pruning the current political structure of my country (the USA) until all archaic influences or examples of corrupt hegemony die off. If other Psiads exist and they don't have opposing viewpoints there will be nothing to stop my purge. But I am not an optimist so I'll be waiting for their interference.

Since with Biokinesis/Vitakinesis I can remove all health concerns in myself and theoretically live forever, I now have time to watch the results of my actions unfold with an ability to look forward and see results of drastic actions with enough time to correct course. With pseudo-immortality I also have a reason to continue my work; I refuse to live in a dystopia when I have the power to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksol-aeternium View Post
              Trinity Psionics, unlike other powers, seem to develop along the lines that suit the person. If I am allowed to choose which of these Aptitudes I develop as primary then I guarantee a world of bad. Unfortunately for the world I am part of several at-risk populations stripped of their voice and agency.

To begin, I will absolutely keep this development under wraps. Living alone and in quarantine makes it very easy to go under the radar building up powers. I will have to make Teleportation one of my primary aptitudes, which will require at least a decent amount of Clairsentience to guide me, though I'm unsure of the others. if Quantakinesis is an option it will be explored much later, though Telekinesis is probably of more immediate use. I'm not afraid to say that with several months of practice behind me in using these new powers, I'll busy myself in eliminating groups that shold have been labeled domestic terrorists by now, and pruning the current political structure of my country (the USA) until all archaic influences or examples of corrupt hegemony die off. If other Psiads exist and they don't have opposing viewpoints there will be nothing to stop my purge. But I am not an optimist so I'll be waiting for their interference.

Since with Biokinesis/Vitakinesis I can remove all health concerns in myself and theoretically live forever, I now have time to watch the results of my actions unfold with an ability to look forward and see results of drastic actions with enough time to correct course. With pseudo-immortality I also have a reason to continue my work; I refuse to live in a dystopia when I have the power to change it.

Yeah. This. Totally.

Honestly, my idea would be to start with self-improvement and personal training and then from that go bigger. Considering I want to go Telepathy and Electrokinesis I think I would find an 'easy' time in the manipulations.

(Speaking of which, I am looking forward to the future book where they give us ideas and hints on how to use the powers in slightly sideways ways, that's gonna be fun.)

But yeah, a lot would depend on when I got my powers. Personally, I would like it to be something like early 2018, which gives me time to grow my powers so that I could effect the midterms so that I ciuld make changes to 2019 that would make 2020 a much better year. If it was 2020 that my powers appeared then there would be much work at home to basically set things up so that the end of the year would also see some changes.

To be honest, with all the 'Trinity is a setting where changing history is acceptable' I find the fact that they didn't mess more with the 2018 timeline to be a missed opportunity. If novas appeared in 2018 there is gonna be changes to the election at the end of the year - I am sure of it.

So yeah, if my awakening as a Psiad was, while not unique in all the world one of a only a few, there is still gonna be some changing going on. Especially with Telepathy and Electrokinesis as my main Aptittudes.

So yeah, I agree with you on what you have posted.

Comment

Working...
              X