Question on scale and durability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on scale and durability

Hello all, just bought all the hardback books for TC and I'm having a hard time with the scaling mechanic.

The one I have the most problem with is, things that might stack.

Ex. Scarab strike frigate: size 4, tag: massive 2

So does this effect the defense value twice?
    Increase in size +2 and enhanced durability +2?

With the size already giving it +3 defense, that brings the total defense upto +7.

Am I right in this thought?

Additionally would the massive tag affect the weapon systems giving them a +4?
    Last edited by cKnight; 10-12-2020, 07:21 AM. Reason: Added a question

Originally posted by cKnight View Post
    Hello all, just bought all the hardback books for TC and I'm having a hard time with the scaling mechanic.

The one I have the most problem with is, things that might stack.

Ex. Scarab strike frigate: size 4, tag: massive 2

So does this effect the defense value twice?
    Increase in size +2 and enhanced durability +2?
    No, the size is consequence of the tag, not addition to that. A ship is size 2 +1 per massive tag.

Scale don’t stack, in this case Size scale turns into durability scale to that end.

With the size already giving it +3 defense, that brings the total defense upto +7.

Am I right in this thought?
    No, size don’t give defense, it gives durability. It’s not hard to hit the ship, it’s hard to deal damage to it. The easiest way to do so is by saying it increases the defense by 2 per scale, but if you what to paint the ship with a paintball pistol, the defense is not affected, same for a Quantakinetic trying to touch it for some reason.

Anyway, the defense of the ship against a Size 1 attacker will be 7 (1 base + 6, twice the size difference). But a scale 4 weapon will be at same scale, so the defense will be 1.

Additionally would the massive tag affect the weapon systems giving them a +4?
    Scale don’t work that way, scale work in the difference between the 2 sides envolved. A ship with the Weaponry 2 tag have weapons the same scale as it, so, against humans, the ship would gain +6 enhancements and will be able to cause 3 additional injuries in the target, besides the first and critical ones. But when fighting another ship it will be as neither had scale, as both are the same scale.

Now, ships may have different size weapons, Weaponry 1 tag gives weapons scale equal to ½ of the ship size scale round up, in this case scale 2. When attacking a size 4 ship with those weapons, the attacker will suffer +4 in the difficulty of the attack, as the weapons are 2 scales bellow the target scale.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Thank you for the clarification. I just reread through the vehicle section of core and aeon. I get it now.

Comment

Working...
      X