Confusion With Some Mechanics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion With Some Mechanics

I'm looking at the rules for Trinity Continuum and the Aberrant Manuscript, as I'm super excited for the release of the later, but I'm confused about a few things.

Is there any way for Aberrants to get static boosts to their Defense, or is it just taking a defensive action? Always having a Defense of 1 seems super weird.

I see that Mega-Might provides a straight damage bonus to attacks, but it doesn't seem that Mega-Stamina provides a bonus to toughness; is this intentional? I ask because Mega-Might says Mega-Stamina increases the defensive Scale, but Mega-Stamina doesn't explicitly say this.

The bonus to initiative scale is a bit strange for Mega-Cunning. It says it increases the Scale, but is that ONLY if Cunning is rolled for initiative, or is it Dexterity as well?

For Mega-Attributes in general, are they not counted as dots for other purposes? If, say, a character has 4 dots in Stamina, granting them an extra Injured box, does getting one dot of Mega-Stamina grant them another Bruised box?

On the Defense, With a higher Stamina and higher durability the character defense increases almost automatically. The Deflection power is a good way to deal with mega dodgy characters, it’s not static boost, but it is increases the defense a lot.

As far it was commented, Might being more effective than Stamina is intentional.

Scale on Initiative means you roll first and other scales don’t compete with you. So you just roll if there is another character to compete with you. Anyway, as far as I understand it applies to all initiative rolls.

Mega attributes don’t count as dots. Mega Stamina don’t grants extra health, the character needs Dense Flesh Mega Edge to that.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
      As far it was commented, Might being more effective than Stamina is intentional.
      I get that, but Mega-Might says "The nova receives the benefit of Dramatic Scale when inflicting damage through sheer Might: 2 Enhancement per difference between the nova's Mega-Might Scale and the target's defensive Scale, such as Mega-Stamina or Durability"

So I'm guessing this is a typo, and Mega-Stamina doesn't effect defensive Scale by default?

Comment

Originally posted by The Free Man View Post
        So I'm guessing this is a typo, and Mega-Stamina doesn't effect defensive Scale by default?
        It was probably left there after some change in the way Mega Sta works. Sorry I didn’t get it first time.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by The Free Man View Post
          I get that, but Mega-Might says "The nova receives the benefit of Dramatic Scale when inflicting damage through sheer Might: 2 Enhancement per difference between the nova's Mega-Might Scale and the target's defensive Scale, such as Mega-Stamina or Durability"

It’s very difficult to provide meaningful comment on how TC: Aberrant works when we know the developers were implementing changes based on feedback from the Kickstarter, but we don’t know what these are.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Working...
          X