Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had any ideas for zeus from aeon.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had any ideas for zeus from aeon.

I plan on having my group witness the crash of the esperanza. I am hoping to show them how powerful aberrants can be.

They are all new to the setting by the way.

Well it´s described that Zeus pushed Esperanza out of the sky, without breaking it and also accelerate it. Let Zeus throw lightning. I´d let it be wide open if Zeus survives the crash or if it is actually a Crysalis point for it.

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
    Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

Originally posted by maekkel View Post
      I´d let it be wide open if Zeus survives the crash or if it is actually a Crysalis point for it.
      ?? Zeus wasn’t on the Esperanza to have to survive the crash. He ‘threw’ the station down to Earth with his powers.

I agree with letting Zeus also throw lightning. Essentially, 22nd century people saw the Aberrant and his actions and called him Zeus. Ask yourself (in your game) why this is. Perhaps the Aberrant has the godlike physique and beard of myth. Perhaps he threw bolts of lighting. Perhaps it was just that the naming convention for defending against this attack group was Greek myth and Zeus was just the biggest/most powerful/most obvious Aberrant in the group and got the ‘alpha’ designation.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

It's also implied in the text that he made it down with the station (page 37), though that could just be a way of describing his effect on the station causing the Corrupted zone.

Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
        Game line contributions: W20, Night Horrors, TC: Æon, soon to be Scion (details here)
        Blog post write-ups of my gaming sessions

Comment

I read that as he headed down in the aftermath to bring the fight to the ground, not that he was in the station.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

I like the idea of an Aberrant who deliberately shaped himself and his powers around the image of the king of the gods. An Aberrant who hurled lightning and ruled the heavens (or at least thought he did; the Colony is probably more powerful).

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Well, in the Discord server people is discussing if it would be possible to pick a bunch of high psi PK to hold Esperanza from hitting. Zeus going down to prevent this kind of thing is a good solution.

I would make him permanent Size 2 (about 6m tall, or 20ft), extremely strong and resistant, mega social, weather manipulator and probably shapeshifter (the last is kind of the Theoi thing, but it hardly it appears in the comics).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
              Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
              Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

https://www.deviantart.com/wandering...agon-200802404

Above link is a pic I found while serfing for visual aids. Not the zeus I'm going for but could be useful for something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                  I read that as he headed down in the aftermath to bring the fight to the ground, not that he was in the station.
                  Yeah, but now I have the visual of him surfing it down waving his hat, whooping like the crazy dude from Dr. Strangelove, and that's gonna be my canon.

And the only detail I have is that there'd been an incident *on* the station just an hour before the Aberrants struck, and it required a hard reboot of the station's defense grid, so their point-defense guns (which probably wouldn't have done more than slowed down the Aberrants anyway...) were down. Bad timing or good planning? It was never clear. Possibly the Aberrants just had someone able to view the future, and predicted that this would be the *ideal* time to strike? An Aeon team (including Guiseppe's Norca cousin) was involved. But that was 1e, possibly it's changed.

Zeus wasn't mentioned in the 'fall of the Esperanza' game I played, but bearing in mind that Aberrants are *mental* and that 'Poseidon' was named 'Felice Taylor,' I'd totally make 'Zeus' look *nothing* like the king of the Greek gods, and utterly delusional about it. "Uh, Zeus? I was expecting more of an older dude with a red beard, and not so many tentacles..." "Silence! Bow before the king of the gods, impudent mortal wretch!" "Impudent? Who even talks like that?"
                  Last edited by Ian Turner; 10-24-2020, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Hmm. I wonder how Zeus and Poseidon get along.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Working...
                    X