So... Prometheus Unbound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... Prometheus Unbound

I know it's going to be focused on the orders, with more information on psionics and how to use it, along with some technological goodies. But has anyone had a more in depth preview or commentary on what else will be in it? I mean, this isn't a "Sell me" because everything on the new Trinity line is on my "must buy" list, but I'd sort of like to hear more about it to distract me from the stressful stuff going on in the real world right now.

More detail about the eight orders, how they work, their cultures, who’s who, allies and foes, Paths and Edges, a chapter on psi powers, and technology used by each of them.

What would you like to know?
    Last edited by Bunyip; 10-20-2020, 06:49 PM.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

So I know I'm not the thread starter but I would like to give an answer to the question.

Everything!

hehe

Seriously though, I have to admit that while all the above looks fascinating for me the Paths and Edges, and psi powers section look the most interesting.

Of course, like the OP, I consider everything on the Trinity line as a "must buy" so 'most interesting' is like having it be a 12 and the rest be a 10 or 11. hehe

Comment

Are there any plans, either in Prometheus Unbound or beyond, to provide optional powers for different levels of modes? Example: If I'm not a fan of the Algesis 2 from the core, will there be an optional set of mode powers provided in any supplement?

Comment

Originally posted by Bastion Avalos View Post
          Are there any plans, either in Prometheus Unbound or beyond, to provide optional powers for different levels of modes? Example: If I'm not a fan of the Algesis 2 from the core, will there be an optional set of mode powers provided in any supplement?

yeah, that'd be something I'd be very interested in. I know that the original freeform system from the old players guide was seen to be clunky and had balance problems, but something that did give your characters a few more choices when choosing dots in a power.

Comment

Different powers for Mode levels? No. A system to let you manifest your own power options at different Mode levels (that isn’t clunky like the old Player’s Guide)? Yes.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Bunyip, is that a statement of what you'd consider desirable or something under active development for Prometheus Unbound or another future supplement?

Comment

Sorry if I wasn’t clear. That’s what will be in Prometheus Unbound. No new specific powers for each dot of Mode, a system to let you make your own effects.

Comment

That is quite exciting! Upon rereading your reply, it was clear.

Some thoughts on Prometheus Unbound:
                  --Every Psi Order getting attention means more on the Chitra Bhanu. My entire rpg group loves the approach of Onyx Path including the "lost" groups like Chitra or White Howlers in Werewolf. I much prefer an open sandbox as a storyteller.
                  --This probably includes a detailed write up of each Proxy and other high-Psi psions within each order. Looking forward to see how they're built in Storypath. Access to higher Psi powers is another appealing tool to have included.
                  --Bundling all the orders into a single book makes so much more sense than the old splat book format, both from sales and maximizing relevant word count.

Another topic that has come out of group discussions on powers concerns telepathy, which this book may address. Can Telepaths link to other animals? If humans can link to aliens like Chromatics and Qin, why wouldn't we be able to communicate metaphorically (at least) with more intelligent animals like dolphins, octopi, etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                    Sorry if I wasn’t clear. That’s what will be in Prometheus Unbound. No new specific powers for each dot of Mode, a system to let you make your own effects.
                    Oh yes...

This is of great interest to me...

Comment

The Æon core already provides a fairly flexible system: each Mode allows you to do more than in 1e, plus you have the link-up effects from other psions to bolster your effects further.

Just like Terra Firma was "the countries of Earth from the core, plus a lot of additional off-the-wall stuff you didn't expect," and Distant Worlds was "the colonies from the core, plus additional off-the-wall stuff you didn't expect," this will be the same thing for the psi orders. If you like the psi orders and you like the psi powers, you'll get that dialed up to 11 plus a lot of additional stuff you didn't expect.

Ian A. A. Watson
                      Onyx Path Community Manager
                      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

I admit that in PU I'm hoping to see stuff for Free-lance Psions and Psaids as well as stuff on the 8 Orders.

Comment

Ian, I agree that the powers are more flexible from 1e; just inquiring about any plans for more options.

Are there any plans to include rules for telepathy interacting with other species (aliens, other animals)? Maybe a difficulty chart that increases the more removed a species is from the telepath's thought type? I'm sure this is something I could wing as a Storyteller, but would value a chart for consistency.

I haven't taken part in these forums in a looooooonnnnng time, but my group is ramping up for a return to Aeon after 15 years away from the setting. I ran a modern Talent game for 10 sessions to get us all acclimated to the core system and now we're salivating at the bolt-on rules for Psions and playing Aeon.

Excellent job transitioning Trinity into its new Continuum!

Comment

Originally posted by Bastion Avalos View Post
                            Are there any plans to include rules for telepathy interacting with other species (aliens, other animals)? Maybe a difficulty chart that increases the more removed a species is from the telepath's thought type? I'm sure this is something I could wing as a Storyteller, but would value a chart for consistency.
                            Page 246 of TC:Aeon goes into this. There is a complication added based on how alien their minds are and how unwilling they are. Failure to buy off the complication means there's difficulty understanding each other.

Comment

Speaking of Telepathy, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of offensive use of telepathic powers described in P.U. Even if it's just giving people a "sleep" command.

Comment

Working...
                              X