Quantakinetics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantakinetics

So, I'm throwing a former PC (player moved away and left the group) against the remaining PCs. He's a Quantakinetic, and I'm planning on having him brainwashed/reprogrammed by the Doyen. (The way I took the character out of the game was to have him captured by the Doyen.) So, the Doyen will have indirect access to Quantakinesis. (Which may be weird with canon, but it's a story point.) He'll be leading an attack force of Chromatics attacking Earth, ala Locutus of Borg. I expect the players to face him and a swarm of Chromatics. So, what are some fun things I can do with Quantikinetics? (Assume he'll have Psi 5 and 5 in his modes.)

I have the following PCs in the game:
    1. Biokinetic who likes to use powers like Overcome to buff his combat abilities to kind of ridiculous levels
    2. Teleporter who likes to use Blink and Flicker as well as the Upeo Wa Macho Death Drop
    3. Electrokinetic who is just starting to explore the Photokinetics mode

I was thinking I could use Manipulate (Fundamentals 4) to steal at least one of the Biokinetic's buff powers, simultaneously de-buffing him and buffing an antagonist. Also, using Energetics 1 to convert gravity to light in the area. Chromatics are skilled in zero-g movement while the PCs are not, and the Chromatics will have ways of using the light. That fact that everyone will have a Psi score means I probably don't want to use Transference.

Your ideas are good.
    Energetics can do the gravity thing AND reduce the damage he suffer from electricity (nullifying light would power down the Chromatics too, so not a good idea).
    Removing BK buffs is the best way to keep him down, but you can also drain Psi points from them and power up the Chromatics using Fundamentals (teleporters usually need a lot of psi points to keep going).
    You can reinforce the armors, if not of a group of Chromatics, at least the QK himself.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Don't under estimate the effectiveness of the first two dots in Fundamentals. Even the first dot is a great way to shut down cheese like a death drop.

Comment

Fundamentals is the ultimate weapon against Psi/Quantum/Flux users. It can reduce the scale of an aberrant many times, enough to be killed with a regular gun, and it can drain a Psion out of power before they can powerup.

It is not the weapon that will kill them, but it can strip them of powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
          So, the Doyen will have indirect access to Quantakinesis. (Which may be weird with canon, but it's a story point.)
          Keep in mind they presumably had access to Bhurano's full abilities when she was possessed as well, so it's not that weird. I doubt they would have been able to justify her going all those years without using Quantakinesis at all.

Christopher Shaffer, freelancer.
          Game line contributions: W20, Night Horrors, TC: Æon, soon to be Scion (details here)
          Blog post write-ups of my gaming sessions

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
            Fundamentals is the ultimate weapon against Psi/Quantum/Flux users. It can reduce the scale of an aberrant many times, enough to be killed with a regular gun, and it can drain a Psion out of power before they can powerup.

It is not the weapon that will kill them, but it can strip them of powers.
            The ultimate equalizer

MythicFox yeah, good point

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by MythicFox View Post

Keep in mind they presumably had access to Bhurano's full abilities when she was possessed as well, so it's not that weird. I doubt they would have been able to justify her going all those years without using Quantakinesis at all.

Doyen can't learn Quantakinesis. So they have to convince someone, nicely or not, to use it on their behalf. When they engineered the downfall of the Chitra Banu, they pretty much lost any access they had to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

Doyen can't learn Quantakinesis. So they have to convince someone, nicely or not, to use it on their behalf. When they engineered the downfall of the Chitra Banu, they pretty much lost any access they had to it.
                Doyen can use Telepathy to possess the target, and the way Psions were created allow Doyens to use the possessed Psion powers easily.
                So, while it’s impossible to get help, it’s easy to possess one and use body and powers as wanted.

Comment

Yeah, that's basically the premise from my original post. They just brainwashed him instead.

Comment

One thing to note, Manipulate doesn't let you change the target on a power which only targets the user. I couldn't steal the Overcome of the Biokinetic.

Comment

Working...
                    X