Ship shielding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship shielding

With the way bio-tech has been used for space belts and re-entering atmosphere applications, shouldn't they have shielding using perkiness bio-tech?

They can have, but it will be an exception.

The shield system would be a powered super tech, so I would make it a Super-Science 3 tag (like the one described for weapons), what increases the cost of the ship too much to be common.

Your characters ship (as well as any flag ship or transporting presidents and proxies) can have it if they have the money to do so.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

It would probably be about as an advanced and large investment as the Tessers are for Leviathans. To recreate a Mode at that Scale is a big deal.

Edit: I could see smaller ships with perikinetic shielding, helping them better survive the point defenses of massive ships and making dog fights a little more dynamic.
      Last edited by MoroseMorgan; 10-24-2020, 07:14 PM.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by cKnight View Post
        With the way bio-tech has been used for space belts and re-entering atmosphere applications, shouldn't they have shielding using perkiness bio-tech?
        I included something for this in Endless Frontiers (on the Storypath Nexus), and something similar will appear in Prometheus Unbound.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
          Edit: I could see smaller ships with perikinetic shielding, helping them better survive the point defenses of massive ships and making dog fights a little more dynamic.
          That’s exactly where I see Peri shields being used on Aeon era. Small and fast ships with elite pilots dogfighting.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
          X