[Aberrant] Aberrant in November

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Aberrant] Aberrant in November

So the monthly kickstarter update came out for Aberrant and in it there was a hint and a nudge that Aberrant might come out in November. He didn't say whether it was early or mid or late, though he hinted it might be early-mid, hehe.

I obviously don't have any other information to share but I figured I would mention this.

While its not an announcement of an Adventure! kickstarter it is pretty awesome to hear that Aberrant is gonna be in our hands (figuratively speaking as its the pdf and not the pod) soon.

I am so going to devour the powers chapter because I want to see what was added, changed, updated, expanded upon etc. So very much looking forward to creating a mostly Mega-Attribute (forgot the current term so pardon me using older terms) enhancement focused nova.

I refuse to speculate on when the PDF will arrive, but I will be excited when it does.

Comment

I hope I get it as a birthday gift (November 9, if any one want to aim the delivery), but I am not sure if it’s going to happen.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
        I hope I get it as a birthday gift (November 9, if any one want to aim the delivery), but I am not sure if it’s going to happen.
        Scorpio lol

Awesome! I got it on BackerKit so I should get it too.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

They just sent out a Kickstarter email saying that over the next day or so the link to the drivethru page will be given in order to get the backer pdf. This is brilliant, spectacular news!

EDIT - Just got the email link, just downloaded it now, just going through it as we speak! This is the best Halloween treat one could have.

EDIT 2 - Skipped to the character creation chapter and I already love what you guys did for Transcendence. Its a small change, removing monster and making it Other, probably just some sentences, but it feels soooo much better.
          Last edited by LordHeru; 10-30-2020, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Woo! I know what I'm reading tonight!

Comment

So with the Prodigy merit a nova gains access to a particular skill's skill tricks. Which is cool. But they still have to spend Momentum, in addition to quantum, which is less cool. So I was wondering on maybe removing the momentum cost and just allowing such a nova to use quantum to activate said trick.

So they kept the whole psion-specific dominance on mental powers. I was hoping they would modify or honestly remove that side bar since the idea of niche protection seems out of place, especially since psiads themselves can do quantum stuff through QK.
              Last edited by LordHeru; 10-30-2020, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                So they kept the whole psion-specific dominance on mental powers. I was hoping they would modify or honestly remove that side bar since the idea of niche protection seems out of place, especially since psiads themselves can do quantum stuff through QK.
                Yeah but human Psions being capable of Quantum manipulation is a big setting shaking deal. I'm comfortable with Nova "clairvoyance" coming from Mega-Mental observation and deducation, and Nova "mind control" coming from Mega-Social influence. It's not like they're lacking in those areas.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

To repeat what I said on Discord: a lot of the discussion around the Kickstarter turned pretty toxic. We don't want to see more of that. Critique is fine, but please make sure you temper your comments and remember there are humans on the other end. Thank you.

(And please make sure to use the errata form if you have corrections.)

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager
                  Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

I haven't had a chance to read yet: do Novas need a special Merit for Skill Tricks? I thought Skill Tricks were universal - even actual Baseline PCs have them.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

On the psychic thing, honestly, I'm just gong to say I basically fundamentally disagree with the restriction imposed and will be ignoring it in my games.

Considering all that I love so far upon reading the book I don't want to dwell to much on the one tiny sidebar.

Heck, I skipped to the end where it talks about Divis Mal and I loved what they did to him as well. Its not major changes but the description is a bit nice.

So yeah, its a very impressive work.

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                      I haven't had a chance to read yet: do Novas need a special Merit for Skill Tricks? I thought Skill Tricks were universal - even actual Baseline PCs have them.
                      Normal rules still apply when it comes to Novas and skill tricks. This is a Mega-Edge that modifies how it works by allowing them to pick from any skill trick while adding a quantum point.

I just thought if you spend XP on a Mega-Edge then the whole need to spend Momentum should be removed.

--

As a random thing one of the first Mega-Edges I want to bring back will be Sanitized Metabolism. hehe.

Comment

The Quantum point is to give you the access, but it still requires the Momentum to power it, which seems fair to me. The ability to access whichever skill trick you want under a skill seems worth a Quantum point to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                          The Quantum point is to give you the access, but it still requires the Momentum to power it, which seems fair to me. The ability to access whichever skill trick you want under a skill seems worth a Quantum point to me.

Hmm. Okay. I see. I will have to think more on this.

------

So they didn't modify the Body Manipulation Mega-Edge. Its still got a dot rating and is still 12 XP for those modifications. It still seems a little pricy for what one gets.
                          Last edited by LordHeru; 10-30-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

There are a few typos, but the scale table on page 164 is *chef's kiss*.

Comment

So ya, super excited to see the backer PDF come in my email this morning. Look through and half read while waking up and love the layout and it looks pretty tight. I'm defiantly on team "Wave the mental powers restrict" which thanks to the Continuum nature of the game makes it easy. The expanded scale system is amazing!!! That was well worth a wait in my opinion. I do have a few questions. Which I'll throw up on another thread. All in all however so happy to see this game get some pretty awesome new life breathed into it! Can't wait for Adventure!!! Will be great to have all three base games on the shelf with their 1e counterparts.

Comment

Working...
                              X