Storypath Nexus for Trinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storypath Nexus for Trinity

This is just a quick question, and if I'm missing something hugely obvious, blame 2020. .

I recall when we were first talking about it (or I think I recall), that one thing you weren't allowed to do were "alternate settings" like "Wildwest Trinity." But when I just recently took a look at the Drive thru guidelines (https://support.drivethrurpg.com/hc/...ram-Guidelines), there was no mention of that.

Did that change, or did I infact never see it and my mind is playing tricks on me, or are there other guidelines somewhere else and I'm missing them.

Thanks!

Edit; Wait, I think I see it: "
    • You can create content for use with the setting presented in the Trinity Continuum: Aeon.
    That would require it all to be in the "Trinity universe" right? So planet of the humans who somehow fell into the Universeal Studios back lot and are running around Emulating the Rifleman because some Doyen grabbed people from an earlier time period would be allowable--because it's in the setting.

The past being "Rifleman with psionics" would not be allowable, because it is distinctly not the Trinity Continuum Aeon setting, but something else, right?
    Last edited by NewK; 10-28-2020, 09:28 PM.

It can be anything related to Trinity, because it must be part of the Trinity continuum, so you can make a “Rifleman with Psionics” because it’s a parallel reality where Psions existed during Wild West, or what ever.

I made a Wuxia and a magic-like supplement, and it’s not a problem (check my signature).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I think content for the moment has to be based in TC Core or TC: Aeon setting. Once they're released, Aberrant and Adventure will also be available. I don’t think alternate universe parts of the Continuum are unlocked yet, making ‘riflemen with psionics’ not allowed.

Tagging IanWatson for confirmation or otherwise.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

That's accurate as I understand things.

Ian A. A. Watson
        Onyx Path Community Manager
        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

So, just sticking with the Rifleman theme, would something about doing TC Core Talent characters in the historical Wild West be acceptable?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
            So, just sticking with the Rifleman theme, would something about doing TC Core Talent characters in the historical Wild West be acceptable?
            Probably not. The way it seems to work is that any content you publish has to fit into one of the current, established settings. One published bit was "Talents in Aeon." Talents are more from Trinity: Core but they're still around in the Aeon time and Aeon is an established setting so it works.

Talents in the Wild West doesn't work because the Wild West is not an established setting. Because for all we know something percolating in Ian Watson's brain at this moment is Trinity Continuum: Americana which will deal with exactly that topic among others.

Comment

So TC Core's setting is solely modern day (as in I guess 2019 onward) and can't involve, say the 80s or 90s?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

So TC Core's setting is solely modern day (as in I guess 2019 onward) and can't involve, say the 80s or 90s?
                Pretty much as far as I can tell. Really, you probably don't want to put any kind of specific date on anything you publish on Storypath. Hell, maybe five years from now Ian will publish something about playing Talents and Psiad during the Trump era, which will (please God!) be several years in the past at that point.

Trinity:Core is "nowish" and doesn't include Novas. Aberrant is "!0 years from now/near-future" and includes Novas. Aeon is "100 years from now" with Psions. Adventure will be "80-100 years ago." Anima will be something like "60-70 years from now." And "now" is a goalpost that will continue to move because that's just how time works.

The possibilities are pretty large - especailly when you consider that you could potentially fold in stuff from the "They Came From" games to do things in the 50s-70s. Who knows? Maybe we'll see something focused on Psiads during the War on Terror from the Continuum version of The Men Who Stare At Goats.

Comment

Originally posted by johntfs View Post

Pretty much as far as I can tell. Really, you probably don't want to put any kind of specific date on anything you publish on Storypath. Hell, maybe five years from now Ian will publish something about playing Talents and Psiad during the Trump era, which will (please God!) be several years in the past at that point.
                  Anything involving 2020 would probably be Matthew's remit: They Came from 2020!

Trinity:Core is "nowish" and doesn't include Novas. Aberrant is "!0 years from now/near-future" and includes Novas. Aeon is "100 years from now" with Psions. Adventure will be "80-100 years ago." Anima will be something like "60-70 years from now." And "now" is a goalpost that will continue to move because that's just how time works.
                  The TC core setting is a floating now-ish. Aberrant is explicitly 2028, Æon is 2123, Adventure! is 1934, and Anima is 2084. The dates are fixed and don't float like the modern day.

Paul Dini and Bruce Timm may have claimed that Batman Beyond was "40 years from now, whenever now is," but they also put dates on screen, placing it in 2039.

If we do another edition 20 years from now maybe we'll adjust the timelines again, but for this edition, this is it.

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager
                  Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

So I guess something about using TC Core to do 80s action movies (Commando, Rambo 3, Invasion USA, Action Jackson, Beverly Hills Cop, etc.) that doesn't involve anything that that would be considered psionics or superhumans would be a no go. A pity.

Comment

So I guess something about using TC Core to do 80s action movies (Commando, Rambo 3, Invasion USA, Action Jackson, Beverly Hills Cop, etc.) that doesn't involve anything that that would be considered psionics or superhumans would be a no go. A pity.
                      Doing something that simulates 80s action movies is very different from doing something set in the 80s.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Doing something that simulates 80s action movies is very different from doing something set in the 80s.
                        A lot of the tropes are kind of period specific, as the genre changed a lot by the end of the decade and is pretty much a totally different animal in the 90s, and this only intensifies in the aughts and present day. Similarly when moving backward in time into the 70s and so forth*. Even the TC Core factions are based primarily around 21st century tropes and require modifications or expantions to fit.

*(It is the same with other genres. Beyond the Grave focuses on the Technicolor Gothic tropes of the late 60s to early 80s, but is doing a separate sourcebook about the post Halloween slasher genre, and would likely require additional books if it were to tackle late 70s to 90s sci fi horror - The Terminator, The Fly, Virus, etc. - or the 90s Fusion Parania of The X-Files.)

Comment

Working...
                        X