Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things I noticed reading the Aberrant Pdf. (anyone Welcome)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things I noticed reading the Aberrant Pdf. (anyone Welcome)

This is anything (that doesn't violate copyright) good, bad, or odd, you noticed reading the Aberrant Pdf.

Please, no judging people, folks see what they see. Hopefully, we see something our authors can make use of.

I noticed two major omissions from the section on how different nations around the world reacted to the Nova Age.

First, Wales. Welsh independence used to be a fringe movement/idea. However, in this last year, the numbers of Welsh people supporting Welsh independence doubled. If post-Brexit Britain is as grim as depicted, Wales would be a major area of turmoil and strife. The reactionary Britain depicted in the book would crackdown on Wales to prevent Welsh independence.

Second, Indonesia. This large nation is growing dramatically and is getting better at democracy. They're becoming far more prominent very quickly. They're more likely to be a major power ten years from now than Japan.

Isn't Indonesia hosting Team Tomorrow: South Pacific? Admittedly I know that because when I looked at the Australian section (where I live) it gets a mention, iirc. But I haven't had time to do a full read through of the advance pdf yet.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
      Isn't Indonesia hosting Team Tomorrow: South Pacific? Admittedly I know that because when I looked at the Australian section (where I live) it gets a mention, iirc. But I haven't had time to do a full read through of the advance pdf yet.

I have only skimmed, But Indonesia is an Asian land and absent from the Asia section.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

Team Asia-Pacific yes.

So there are definitely room for more teams, and that's a plot point at my table. T2M America (Mexico City) is going to sponsor T2M North America (Chicago) and T2M South America (Sao Paolo); T2M Central (Addis Ababa) is going to sponsor T2M Africa (Nairobi [near the proposed space elevator]) and T2M West Asia (Baghdad). T2M Asia-Pacific (Talaud Islands) is going to sponsor T2M South Asia (Mumbai) and T2M East Asia (Seoul). Russia vetoed a T2M North Asia that T2M Europe would have sponsored. Meanwhile the Australian government is peeved about being overlooked (though Project Utopia points to pure population, crime, and conflict numbers) and is in talks with other South Pacific countries about forming their own multinational team without Utopia backing, but the members of T2M Asia-Pacific are pretty popular so its not getting a lot of traction outside Australia.
        Last edited by glamourweaver; 11-01-2020, 07:36 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Team Asia-Pacific yes.

So there are definitely room for more teams, and that's a plot point at my table. T2M America (Mexico City) is going to sponsor T2M North America (Chicago) and T2M South America (Sao Paolo); T2M Central (Addis Ababa) is going to sponsor T2M Africa (Nairobi [near the proposed space elevator]) and T2M West Asia (Baghdad). T2M Asia-Pacific (Talaud Islands) is going to sponsor T2M South Asia (Mumbai) and T2M East Asia (Seoul). Russia vetoed a T2M North Asia that T2M Europe would have sponsored. Meanwhile the Australian government is peeved about being overlooked (though Project Utopia points to pure population, crime, and conflict numbers) and is in talks with other South Pacific countries about forming their own multinational team without Utopia backing, but the members of T2M Asia-Pacific are pretty popular so its not getting a lot of traction outside Australia.
          I haven’t read it fully yet but Team Tomorrow needs established teams to sponsor a new branch?

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

I haven’t read it fully yet but Team Tomorrow needs established teams to sponsor a new branch?
            This is a plot element at my table.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
            X