Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Æon] How much do people in the Trinity Era know about the Nova Era?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sakii View Post

To bad, i kind of wanted a next era/late aeon era rebirth of Novas. Since they are the third leg of humanity evolution along with psions and talents.
    And they had their time, so I’m not sure why you think they should get ‘another era’.

But nothing’s stopping you doing what you want in your game.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

And they had their time, so I’m not sure why you think they should get ‘another era’.

Well, the big "Hat" of humanity seems to be that they have all three sources of power active at the same time, instead of being focused on Quantum/Noetic/Flux to the exclusion of others. So it'd make sense that their might be a time when you see all three groups active and not fighting each other.

But that honestly wouldn't be suited for Trinity. I mean, maybe if you wanted to do a future version of Trintiy, "STar Trek Meets Superman" say.

But that'd be far in the future even by Trinity standards.

Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing a shards style product at some point that does say, have a part of teh continuum where the Aberrant war didn't turn out so disasterously so all three groups arei working together...

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Yeah, the reverance of the Novas with no semblance of social equality between these benevolent rulers and the common man makes the place morally nuanced enough without needing an evil twist.
        Totally

Sorry. This forum doesn’t let you know who Liked your posts and it’s important to me that people know my feelings about a particular post even if I don’t have anything really complex to say about it.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Remembrance of things past. A glorious golden age now forgotten by the people of the Aeon Era. There’s a comic called Kingdom Come that I read as a kid that IMO really captures the spirit of the Nova Age.

“All ghosts are is light shining from a dead star.”

Donna Tartt, The Secret History

And of course stars go nova right before they die...
          Last edited by Penelope; 11-04-2020, 07:02 AM.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

One more thing: I’m like almost certain that whoever created the original Aeon game back in the Nineties basically “borrowed” the idea of Calvert Wycoff self-exploding and turning Kansas into the Blight from Magog’s death scene in Kingdom Come where he does the exact same thing (among other parallels, Wycoff saw himself as a Biblical prophet and the name Magog comes from a monster in the Bible).

Sometimes I do have something complex to say 😊.

Comment

Given that in aeon we still have talents, it would be sad to not see humanity exploiting their Quantum potential again.

Plus, its a hinted possibility the "The Fates of humanity", so that path shouldn't have been severed because of the aberrant war.

"If they survive, they
              could all eventually become part of one vast noetic
              collective, transform into Quantum-powered godlings,
              divide into several entire different powerful
              species, or perhaps find a way to unify all three types
              of powers and become something new and uniquely
              powerful that the galaxy has never seen before."

And personally, i kind of want an era that doesn't end in tragedy for them.

Edit: I just noticed that Divis Mal is not mentioned on the future of Aeon. So there is even a plot point to hang the return of the Novas.
              Last edited by Sakii; 11-04-2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Its a big Galaxy. How many Nova age colonies have they really found? I imagine The galaxy is practically lousy with Gods... its like TOS star Trek... every other world is some Nova God's playground...

Comment

Originally posted by NewK View Post

Well, the big "Hat" of humanity seems to be that they have all three sources of power active at the same time, instead of being focused on Quantum/Noetic/Flux to the exclusion of others. So it'd make sense that their might be a time when you see all three groups active and not fighting each other.

But that honestly wouldn't be suited for Trinity. I mean, maybe if you wanted to do a future version of Trintiy, "STar Trek Meets Superman" say.

But that'd be far in the future even by Trinity standards.

Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing a shards style product at some point that does say, have a part of teh continuum where the Aberrant war didn't turn out so disasterously so all three groups arei working together...
                  Why wouldnt it be suited for trinity?

Aberrant age has the chance to play Nova, Talents and psiads spelled in the book.

Comment

It's possible to fix flux-contaminated zones, and it's possible for novas to resist flux. So there could be another age of novas in the future, but only if a lot of that flux gets cleaned up and also humanity is much more careful next time around. Might help if they find a way to reverse Transcendence or nullify the most dangerous parts of it.

That doesn't seem likely in the Aeon setting, where everyone is (understandably) paranoid. But it might eventually happen in the post-Aeon era if they get the big happy ending where Eden teams up with everyone else to battle the major bad guys.

In my own games, I generally just have the Aberrant War be caused by a small group of Doyen meddlers who were trying to encourage flux mutation in novas to turn humanity against them, but played with fire until it got out of control. That clearly establishes in the metaplot for my own games that novas aren't doomed to insanity.

Comment

In a perfect future the Chibs will come back and be reintegrated into psion society, can work to eliminate the corrupted zones, and then possibly help new novas/aberrants to minimize their corruption.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

There's a couple of ways you can do it. In the 1e fanbooks it was possible for novas to have children who were more taint-resistant; I'd go with that here - someone who has been channelling quantum since birth is less likely to have extreme transformations, although their intial 'template' might be a good way from baseline.

Another way - the way that probably goes for Eden - is another flux-management scheme is devised, similar to Chrysalis or the rules for managing flux by sticking to your principles. It's just, obviously, not something anyone's figured out in the Nova Era proper.

Comment

Working...
                        X