Quantum Anima vs Quantum Attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quantum Anima vs Quantum Attack

Is quantum Anima flat out better than Quantum Attack or am I missing something? For each dot of Anima you get one free power tag improvement. One of those is "Strike" which lets you use Anima is if it were Quantum Attack (at your rating in Anima). So the first dot of Anima gives you the basic effects PLUS Quantum Attack as an option, and as you get more dots Anima gets more versatile while not giving up any power in Attack. I feel like I'm missing something here, or is Anima just really good?

Originally posted by satoshi View Post
    Is quantum Anima flat out better than Quantum Attack or am I missing something? For each dot of Anima you get one free power tag improvement. One of those is "Strike" which lets you use Anima is if it were Quantum Attack (at your rating in Anima). So the first dot of Anima gives you the basic effects PLUS Quantum Attack as an option, and as you get more dots Anima gets more versatile while not giving up any power in Attack. I feel like I'm missing something here, or is Anima just really good?
    You are, in fact, missing something, I think.

Quantum Anima is a concentration power. Quantum Attack is instant. If someone disrupts your concentration, no attacks for you; it has a built-in point of vulnerability. (Yes, the attack is handled LIKE a Quantum Attack, but Quantum Anima still has to be 'on' to use it.)

Quantum Attack is something you can just fire away and you can't be stopped from doing so short of Quantum Disruption or the like.

Comment

Quantum anima strike don't have all the tags Quantum Attack have as base (1 per rank + any additional), but Anima start with a better range, for sure.

Probably Quantum Anima is a better option if you have a single dot in the power, or if the objective is just a long range attack, but other than that it will fall behind.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
      X