Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Core a grenade cheaper than a knife?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Core a grenade cheaper than a knife?

Just re reading trinity core, and I stumbled on this strange fact in the weapons chapter, a weapon gets a free tag plus one tag for wealth point, so a grenade “cost” one wealth while a simple knife three wealth points. Should just arbitrarily change the weapon cost to be more realistic or I am missing something?

The weapon cost rules are pretty weird in general.

Comment

You can change the weapon so the cost is on what you expect.

To the grenade for example you can add a tag or 2, and to the knife remove a tag or 2.

Grenade: Explosive (thrown), Agravated, Brutal (2+2+1)
      Knife: Thrown, Concealable, Grapple, Melee. (1+1*+1+0)

* Concealable cost is 1, not 2, at least should be.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

While there's some odd price choices (I'd say Concealable should be variable at least, since hiding larger weapons makes more sense at 2), I think it's more that the example grenade is less a grenade and more a powerful fire-cracker when you consider how far from a modern military grenade it is (Aggravated, Brutal, Deadly, and Piercing are all things you'd expect to see... possibly Spread for fragmentation grenades as well).

That said, TC isn't really about realism over action genre conventions.

Comment

I read is as a simple hand granade - and these things are actually not expensive (in the european black market a simple granade is 10-15 € and a Kalshnikov about 350, so you can get 4 assault rifles for the price of a new iphone - if you know the right guy). Also a combat knife is actually pricier than a grenade, but normally it´s not a military weapon.
          The problem is access - in storypath terms - yes you can maybe easily pay for it, but you need access to a seller. (That´s why i will personally connect wealth to paths.)
          Last edited by maekkel; 11-06-2020, 09:38 AM.

Gamelines: Requiem, Lost, Awakening, Trinity Continuum: Aeon, some V5.
          Likes cheesecake (quark-based)

Comment

That’s why I houserule Wealth caps on 3 dots and Loaded adds 2 to that. The remaining value must come from a relevant path. Basically you buy things related to the path using path dots instead of wealth, while wealth stack with it. For example, a grenade is not expensive, but you need to know the guy (having a few dots in the proper path) or be specially rich to buy it from a legal source.

more details on
            http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...nt-house-rules

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
            X