No announcement yet.

recreating the Hammersmith or Galatea event

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were, as I understand it, two seperate barriers. The first one was a Noetic barrier placed by the Doyen that Divis Mal broke with the Galatea explosion of quantum energy, and then a quantum barrier erected by Novas that was destroyed by SK's Noetic explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by satoshi View Post
      There were, as I understand it, two seperate barriers. The first one was a Noetic barrier placed by the Doyen that Divis Mal broke with the Galatea explosion of quantum energy, and then a quantum barrier erected by Novas that was destroyed by SK's Noetic explosion.

What's the narrative role the first and its fall plays? Nothing came in from outside in response to its fall.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

The Doyen's barrier was there to suppress the expression of human potential towards Quantum. It is the reason we did not see many novas until Mal broke the barrier by attempting to recreate the Hammersmith experiment.

Comment

Mal knew about the Doyen barrier, and probably the reason for the results were so powerful was exactly the fact he needed to breach the barrier to be able to affect the entire world.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Divis Mal knowing about the doyen barrier makes me wish that instead of him simply leaving at the end of the Aberrant War he instead literally used his quantum god-power to basically stop them or destroy them or protect the Earth in a way that means they couldn't do what they did.

By the way, I really hate the Doyen, they are like the Ori from Stargate and need to be destroyed like the Ori are.

Comment

Seems like the last thing he'd do. Humans want a destiny apart from Novas? Fine- they can solve their own problems with the Doyen.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                Divis Mal knowing about the doyen barrier makes me wish that instead of him simply leaving at the end of the Aberrant War he instead literally used his quantum god-power to basically stop them or destroy them or protect the Earth in a way that means they couldn't do what they did.

By the way, I really hate the Doyen, they are like the Ori from Stargate and need to be destroyed like the Ori are.
                If it makes you feel better, tonight I'm running a session of Aeon where the Doyen are going to use a Chromatic fleet to attack Eden with the players caught in the middle. It should culminate in a giant rift in time and space which will put the game on hold and allow us to play some other TC games, all of which will culminate in a giant rift in time and space. Then we'll have a Crisis on Infinite Trinity Continuum Games game to resolve all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

If it makes you feel better, tonight I'm running a session of Aeon where the Doyen are going to use a Chromatic fleet to attack Eden with the players caught in the middle. It should culminate in a giant rift in time and space which will put the game on hold and allow us to play some other TC games, all of which will culminate in a giant rift in time and space. Then we'll have a Crisis on Infinite Trinity Continuum Games game to resolve all of it.
                  That is... just... AWESOME!
                  Inam working now on a Core campaign that soon will turn into a Aberrant campaign. Not that the plates characters will erupt, as they are talents, but they will reach 2018 and follow novas erupting and later we will change the characters for novas.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                  Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                  Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                    The Doyen's barrier was there to suppress the expression of human potential towards Quantum. It is the reason we did not see many novas until Mal broke the barrier by attempting to recreate the Hammersmith experiment.
                    Not just quantum. The Doyen barrier muffled any 'flux' event, limiting the propagation of Nova, Psiad, and Talent powers.

Comment

Working...
                    X