Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dataweaver
    replied
    I think that it's highly likely that as psiads evolve over the century starting with Æon, they'll gradually get more potent; and once humans crack the secret of Promethean Chambers and start building their own, the limitation to one Aptitude will be revealed as an artificial restriction. End result: the distinction between psion psiad disappears.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    Well now you just make me want Adventure! and its Stalwarts, Mesmerists, and Daredevils. hehe

But yeah, as part of the original thing, Novas are the natural quantum users, them being on the same line as Psiads and such.

The idea that Superiors are the artificial quantum users makes me interested in the idea of how much they could be pushed before the nova nature pushes back. Same with Psions, I would love if there was a potential future where a modified Prometheus Process was developed to break down the barriers, thus turning Psions back into their truly natural Psiads.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    I guess. To me, the reason probably has more to do with the fact that Superiors are more similar to what Adventure called Stalwarts than to what Adventure called Daredevils. I have no problem with their being “artificial Talents”; I just don't think they'd look like Superiors.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    What Dataweaver said. This change, from what I understand, was made because Talents already naturally exist in all eras and so there is no need for an artificial version of them in the Aeon era.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    In the first edition, where they never quite got published that's what they were supposed to be. The second edition changed it up. For the better, in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Starkiller
    replied
    Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
    Novas erupt from exposure to sufficient quantum energies. They are the naturally-occuring novas. The only thing artificial is the cause of the quantum energies to which they've been exposed.
    Superiors are an example of artificially-created quantum-users, subjected to the Nakamura Process to rewrite their genetics to enable them to channel quantum in a specific way.
    I always thought that superiors were a form of artificially created talents, well that was a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    A pre N-Day Nova would have no transformations or transcendence, probability limited to quantum 3, as at Q4 you get an obligatory Transcendence. Also, Eruption would kick to a lower level, about 75XP would be enough.

There are also the stalwarts, we may need to wait for Adventure to see how they will be described before we can discuss them properly. But, they could be the idea of a Pre-N-day Nova if that fits...

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    I think you're looking at this backwards.

Psiads are naturally-occuring psi-users, who typically trigger when they're exposed to sufficient psi energies in the surrounding environment.
    Psions are artificially-created psi-users, dunked in a Prometheus Chamber to rewrite their genetics to enable them to channel psi in a specific way.

Novas erupt from exposure to sufficient quantum energies. They are the naturally-occuring novas. The only thing artificial is the cause of the quantum energies to which they've been exposed.
    Superiors are an example of artificially-created quantum-users, subjected to the Nakamura Process to rewrite their genetics to enable them to channel quantum in a specific way.
    Last edited by IanWatson; 11-08-2020, 04:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X