RIP- Favorite Aberrant Characters who are no more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP- Favorite Aberrant Characters who are no more

What characters are you personally missing from the new addition, it seems like several may not exist anymore. Sorry if this was posted long ago...

I miss Shrapnel, Epoch, Sloppy Joe, Dr. Worm (and many others)

Sloppy Joe was in the Teragen book, wasn't he? So, he's not missing from the core book. (He's the only one I recognize by name.)

Comment

None of those were in the original core book from what I remember, so they could easily still show up later. I'm not really a big fan of Epoch or Dr. Worm, but Shrapnel and Sloppy Joe have always been personal favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by econclark View Post
        What characters are you personally missing from the new addition, it seems like several may not exist anymore. Sorry if this was posted long ago...

I miss Shrapnel, Epoch, Sloppy Joe, Dr. Worm (and many others)
        I believe all of those characters were established in supplements, not the core rules, with the possible exception of Dr. Worm.

The new edition's rulebook doesn't include them either, but that doesn't mean they don't exist: we can't cover the entirety of 1st Editon's nova roster within the core rulebook, or there'd be no room for the actual game.

Ian A. A. Watson
        Onyx Path Community Manager
        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Is Natalya 'Swarm Queen' Dornova still around in this edition? She intrigued me in that her powers were a complete mystery, and as the one member of the Teragen 'Pantheon' to be said to be at the famous meeting, and not show up in the 'Last Supper' picture or get a tiny write-up blurb of her own. Homonculos to become a living swarm? Control others through mega-socials to be 'queen bee?' Big scary alien-queen insectoid form and /or quantum clone? Quantum summoning to create 'swarms?' All of the above?

I feel like she, Caroline Fong and Feathered Serpent were the three 'biggest name' Teragen we didn't get much info on in 1st edition.

Other frequent name-drops that got (IMO) short shrift; Ana Graca Texeria (all we know is that she could fly into orbit to help rescue a space shuttle), Leland 'Saxon' Cornwall (flying telepath psychoperv?), Mehistophaleez (former Elite, now novox celeb), Borealis (Elite who unmasked 'the Stone Badass!'), Gothic Knight ( Batman?).

Comment

Page 131 you have a short profile of Natalia “Swarm Queen” Dornova.

Caroline Fong is mentioned in Teragen description.

Ana Graça Teixeira and Saxon (now Bryan “Saxon” Graham) are mentioned in Utopia description.

The others I didn’t find.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I am sort of curious how they do Ana's powers in her nova writeup. She was an often mentioned T2M nova while having little known about her powers except we knew she could survive the vacuum of space or the depths of the Marianas trench. I've been featuring her in my own Aberrant campaign, but I'm always curious how other people do it. I'm interested to see how they are done in the Proteus Nova Companion. I hope that many of them are written up like PC's so we can see a lot of examples of how characters are constructed. On the Teragen side I'm quite curious about Caroline Fong since she was essentially a non-entity in the 1st edition.

Comment

Adaptation Mega-Edge can let one survive both sorts of environments with little difficulty. If she has any other powers I don't know but yeah that would be the main survivability power.

Comment

In my game I made her the fastest woman alive, tough as steel, and super strong strong to boot. She flies rather than runs though. My group's speedster is both awestruck and jealous since she combines Capoeira into her fighting prowess along with that sweet sweet mega dex and hyper-movement. I still run a 1st ed game though I am pondering making the switch since scale elegantly solves many of my issues with the current system.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Turner View Post
                    Is Natalya 'Swarm Queen' Dornova still around in this edition? She intrigued me in that her powers were a complete mystery, and as the one member of the Teragen 'Pantheon' to be said to be at the famous meeting, and not show up in the 'Last Supper' picture or get a tiny write-up blurb of her own.
                    Swarm Queen was in the Last Supper photo, over towards the left. It's the only illustration of her in 1e, IIRC. https://i.imgur.com/Tvho9H0.jpg

She and her weird hair appear in the illustration on p. 177 of Trinity Continuum: Aberrant.

Gothic Knight ( Batman?).
                    Most of the others got covered by Mateus above. Gothic Knight isn't name-dropped, but he appears perched on a rooftop on p. 248 of TC: Aberrant.

Ian A. A. Watson
                    Onyx Path Community Manager
                    Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Not exactly a character, but I was sad to see the QNA not even get a mention in the minor groups section. Considering who all was in it, the QNA had a hilariously powerful membership.

Comment

Originally posted by satoshi View Post
                        Not exactly a character, but I was sad to see the QNA not even get a mention in the minor groups section. Considering who all was in it, the QNA had a hilariously powerful membership.
                        It's mentioned a few times elsewhere. For me, the name still conjures up 1e's "there's a gay rapist in the QNA, got to represent the oh so important 'gays as degenerate sexual perverted rapist' trope apparently" and "Skew is a homophobic jackass who uses QNE as a replacement for an obvious f-slur while discussing how a comic artist draws him" memories for me, even though I know the 2e version won't do any of that. Like, seriously, I know there were gay writers on the original and they might have even written those bits, but 1e kinda didn't handle the subject well regardless.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no concerns about Onyx Path's ability to handle queer characters. They're one of the queerest companies out there in terms of freelancers.

Comment

QNA is mentioned in the London Fog profile (for sure) and in at least another time.

About Gothic Knight illustration, I missed him completely, while at same time I remember someone pointing out during the KS campaign.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Is the Houston Tornado still kicking?

It seems that they also cut a some Mega-intelligent inventor/mastermind Novas, but I can't seem to remember their names off the top of my head.

Comment

Portman is the only character I'm aware of who was alive in the 1e who is explicitly not in 2e. He was the price the writers had to pay for Slider. Only death can pay for life!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                              X