Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Aberrant] So can Quantum advance principles beyond conventional Science?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Aberrant] So can Quantum advance principles beyond conventional Science?

So how much is Quantum powered super science/intelligence/invention constrained by science? Like if you have an alternate timeline where early history Novas emerge and they use their Super Smarts could they make rituals to *discover* principles that work under what appears to be magic, like sacred songs, or geomancy, or sympathetic rituals to invoke alien gods? How much of this would be have to be house ruled? Or does Quantum actually allow you to pave the way and pretty much invent rather then discover principles of the Universe? So you jump cut a few millenia of this and now we have things like human nonquantum tech in the form of Choirs calling upon these principles to sing hills from plains or islands from the Oceans using complex harmonics, and human inventors inventing harmonics or sigils to tweak things just right to count as new inventions. Or Alchemy being a thing instead of basic Chemistry?

Would such a Timeline be a Universe operating on Different Principles from this one are are Quantum Users able to actually shift the Paradigm with their efforts and discoveries?

It is a time for great deeds!

When you're thinking that deeply into beings with an advanced connection to the nature of the universe changing the ways that ordinary humans interact with it, then you're playing Mage, not Aberrant.

Comment

My interpretation of Q-Tech is marginally magic items.

Not that they are going to have rituals or scared songs, that would be quantum powers that humans would try to replicate (and fail).

The idea would go around Alchemy to create items that look magical, but are actually super tech items, like the Trident of Poseidon the Thunderbolt of Zeus or the Helm of Invisibility of Hades.

If I was to create the setting for Aegis (ancient science fiction setting of TC) I would make Novas uncapable of having powers, only having Mega Attributes and Mega Edges, and all the powers they have would be using items of many forms. Besides the examples above, a “ring of metamorphosis” would be a standard device for all Greek novas, a “sandals of flying” to reach Olympus easily (Hermes would have a better one to fly faster).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I'd say that, at the level you are working with, no one could say that music isn't the key to super science.
        I saw a movie in Netflix where an alien race teaches a language to a human, and an understanding of that language gives the power to see into the future.

You should fell free to fluff your science as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Shalmaneser View Post
          When you're thinking that deeply into beings with an advanced connection to the nature of the universe changing the ways that ordinary humans interact with it, then you're playing Mage, not Aberrant.
          There was a Mage book that pointed out that Adventure! looks an awful lot like “the Sons of Ether won the Ascension War”. (In fact, if you wanted to run a hybrid Mage/Adventure chronicle, I'd replace Hammersmith with Czar Vargo as the one responsible for the Hammersmith Event, instead of the “flotilla of airships” stunt he tried in Mage history, and go from there.) I'd expand this notion to the entire Trinity Continuum, not just the Adventure era: all of it is basically a manifestation of reality as the Etherites view it.

Which means that the “scientific mystic” ought to have a place in the Trinity Continuum. The scientific mystic, in Mage, is a Scientist who uses the tools and trappings of a mystic through the Heterodyne Principle: “any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!” (Agatha Heterodyne, Girl Genius!).

Comment

Working...
          X