Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spoilers for Terra Firma: Who turned out the lights.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoilers for Terra Firma: Who turned out the lights.

In Terra firma, one of hte groups described found something that terrified them.

A device, or weapon that literally turned off a sun. Didnt blow it up--somehow just turned it off, even though the loss of the hydrogen reaction should have led to a collapse and at least a CME. The worlds orbiting the sun are still intact--as are the frozen remains of the civilization that called them home.

Now the thing is, of everything we've seen in the setting, this is probably by far the most powerful. The Doyen have never shown any ability to use such an immensely powerful wepaon--their best was KE projectiles with flunkies landing as cleanup crews. Insignificant against whatever power did this.

so... Who were they? Why did they destroy a society, evidently without warning. Are they friendly to the Doyen, hostile, or are they just long gone?

And what secrets remain in the frozen bones of the worlds they murdered?

I mean, that's a hell of a plot hook there, given that now we know that there are people who can snuff out entire suns.

I don’t remember this. Can you give me a page reference?

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Originally posted by NewK View Post
      Who were they? Why did they destroy a society, evidently without warning.

So, among the reasons you don't want your population to experience their Quantum-powered destiny...

"Hey, guys, want to see a new trick I learned?"

Comment

Originally posted by Shalmaneser View Post

So, among the reasons you don't want your population to experience their Quantum-powered destiny...

"Hey, guys, want to see a new trick I learned?"
        Sun on. Sun off lol.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

And then they get distracted by something else and never bother to turn it back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
            I don’t remember this. Can you give me a page reference?

Page 89, the "Verdigis Sphere", a "spent shell" of a weapon in the possession of The Humanity Preservation Collective.

A star suddenly disappeared, they teleported there, given the speed of light it was multiple millenia gone.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

MoroseMorgan now I remember! Thank you 😊.

Comment

Possibly the result of some sort of arms race within that system. Alternately, a total accident and the thing was never meant to be a weapon (perhaps some sort of new power source gone wrong).

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

My stab at fleshing this out-

I'm thinking that since it is considered "spent" and is likened to verdigris, which is like copper rust, that it was originally a series of Halo like rings that encapsulated the sun and started a reaction that collapsed it down to it's current form.

I'd also pin it on the mechanoid monstrocities that were tracking and killing the Hexers in Distant Worlds, atlhough, that timeline may not line up.

Although, it could be that it was so long ago even the aggressors are dead, and it would be an all around investigation.

Raksha are my fae-vorite.

Reincarnation of magnificentmomo.

Comment

Originally posted by MoroseMorgan View Post
                    My stab at fleshing this out-

I'm thinking that since it is considered "spent" and is likened to verdigris, which is like copper rust, that it was originally a series of Halo like rings that encapsulated the sun and started a reaction that collapsed it down to it's current form.

I'd also pin it on the mechanoid monstrocities that were tracking and killing the Hexers in Distant Worlds, atlhough, that timeline may not line up.

Although, it could be that it was so long ago even the aggressors are dead, and it would be an all around investigation.
                    Fascinating idea, but I don’t think the mechanoid monsters who killed the Hexers were nearly advanced enough to create a weapon like that. Maybe it was a Zep device.

Comment

Working...
                    X