Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make automatons with Aberrant craft rules?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make automatons with Aberrant craft rules?

Would the only way to make them be crafting a q-tech with the quantum agent power, or is there some other way?
    I plan to also have them mass produced as minions.

what do you want them to be able to do?

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
      what do you want them to be able to do?
      They would be messengers, bodyguards, security guards and construction drones.

Comment

I would do it with Quantum Agent like you were suggesting. At rank 3, you can get Quantum Agent *** with Independent, Intrinsic, and Ramp Up (-3). They would take 3 rounds to power up, but then just keep going...It gets better if you go to Rank 4-5...Just remember you will have to adjust some if you want a bunch (either Multiple Agents tag quite a few times or changing the paradigm to Nova-Tech.)

That being said by the rules you may be able to just invent it as Nova-Tech...That is up to the Storyguide and you.

You would probably have to invent one for each function though (otherwise they would do it poorly).

***Edit *** the dots of Quantum Agent are limited to Rank. Sorry, I missed that one. So at Rank 5 you can have Quantum Agent ***** with Independent, Intrinsic and Ramp Up (-3) You could either make add power tags to take them out to Long or Extreme and/or add sensory link/memory absorption...They could still be made as Nova tech if necessary.
        Last edited by econclark; 01-14-2021, 03:36 PM. Reason: missed a limitation on crafting.

Comment

Depending on their capabilities, you could simply craft them as core tech or pheraps novatech. I mean, look at what Boston Dynamic can do now, and imagine what their drones could do after a Nova with MEgaint 3 and some of the design edges gives them a once over.

Comment

Working...
          X