TC Adventure! Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    Rereading Aberrant description of her as Krona Bush, I think there is nothing saying she was not a member of Aeon society, what says is that she was not active in the exploration/nazi fighting, working behind the scenes, as a scientist.
    Yes, it doesn't say it explicitly. I just assumed that, based on the text from aberrant and AEON, she would have said something like "Max, Primoris, you boys can go around the world having adventures and making a mess of everything. I'm just going to do my own thing, don't bother me." and then disappear from history to focus exclusively on her research. That said it's perfectly possible that she could have been there at the beginning and then leave when things got too tense between Max and Primoris. In fact, I'm happy to see that she wasn't just a hermit that ignored the world around her, it's the image I had of her before reading the first chapter.

Comment

It's here - TC: Adventure! Pathcast episode! List of interesting points ( censored those... 'unnecessary' ones ):
      • Trinity Continuum: Adventure!
      • Origin story
      • Updates to the material
      • Daredevils, Stalwarts, and Mesmerists
      • Self-contained Trinity games
      • Inspirations for Adventure!
      • Weird (and real) science
      • It was Mercer all along!
      • Adventure! is Danielle's favorite
      • Comparing editions

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The potential of a base building rules supplement is marvelous. I love the idea of adding features to a base that could empower characters for missions.

So yeah, this sounds great.

Comment

I wonder - Will be alternative Aberrant and Aeon Eras, with all the Inspired, but lower powered types? I.e. Eras with Daredevils, Mesmerists and Stalwarts instead Nova and Psiads?
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-26-2021, 03:37 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            I wonder - Will be alternative Aberrant and Aeon Eras, with all the Inspired, but lower powered types? I.e. Eras with Daredevils, Mesmerists and Stalwarts instead Nova and Psiads?
            Whatever works in your stories and in your world. In 1e, I ran Adventure type games in many genres. Sci-fi, superhero, past, present and future. And it worked just fine.

Of course, with the setting as-written, some tweaks are called for.
            Last edited by MythAdvocate; 03-26-2021, 04:07 PM.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
            Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

I'm curious to see what Anima focuses on. I'm assuming Talents or a new kind of Inspired?
              Last edited by Florin; 03-26-2021, 04:17 PM. Reason: It's Anima you fool, not Aeon!

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                I'm curious to see what Anima focuses on. I'm assuming Talents or a new kind of Inspired?
                Anima's got its own thread here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-we-expecting/

Ian A. A. Watson
                Onyx Path Community Manager
                Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

So I was thinking more about the potential of the Inspired and I came up with two new general categories of 'powers'.

The first would fit into the whole base building element that hopefully comes to exist if the kickstarter develops. These powers represent the connection of the Inspired to their home, city, or nation. I am not talking Exalted level 'I am the law' or anything but just simple things that make life for the Inspired in their chosen domain easier.

The second idea is the combination power, though I figure this is probably not something they want to go with in canon. But imagine if something about the Inspired got stronger when the three types worked together in a shared goal. I think such a 'woah' factor in a power boost could be really cool and such.

I'm looking forward to next Tuesday, and the Tuesday after that and the one after that, for more updates and such. I am especially looking forward to the character creation and Gifts chapters, give me the shiny powerz!

Adventure! first edition was underrated and I think the beauty of the Storypath version is that it will be given its proper due and such.

Comment

A) I'm in & paid! B) I'm clicking out of any of the ads - don't spend money on me!

Comment

I was just reading through the Kickstarter page and noticed a Sara Kaur listed alongside Max Mercer and Donighal (Primoris). I don't recognize that name. All my experience with the setting comes from the previous edition. So, would I be correct in assuming Sara is to psymorphs what Donighal is to eximorphs and Mercer to paramorphs? A sort of... Prime Signature?

Comment

Originally posted by Patricl_Gleason View Post
                        I was just reading through the Kickstarter page and noticed a Sara Kaur listed alongside Max Mercer and Donighal (Primoris). I don't recognize that name. All my experience with the setting comes from the previous edition. So, would I be correct in assuming Sara is to psymorphs what Donighal is to eximorphs and Mercer to paramorphs? A sort of... Prime Signature?

You might know her better by her full name, Saraswati Kaur Bhurano.

Ian A. A. Watson
                        Onyx Path Community Manager
                        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                          You might know her better by her full name, Saraswati Kaur Bhurano.
                          Aka S. K. Bhurano, the quantakinetic proxy of Aeon.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post

Aka S. K. Bhurano, the quantakinetic proxy of Aeon.
                            Apparently she Americanizes (or just nicknames) her Indian name Saraswati to Sara. And at some point between Adventure! and Aeon she marries a person named Bhurano.

The Australia and New Zealand preview is so awesome!!!

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

Apparently she Americanizes (or just nicknames) her Indian name Saraswati to Sara. And at some point between Adventure! and Aeon she marries a person named Bhurano.

The Australia and New Zealand preview is so awesome!!!
                              Actually she got many names over the years, she was hidden and also she got so old it would be impossible to keep using the same name or documents without calling for attention from government. In Aberrant era she was Krona Bush, so Bhurano may be just another name added to the list.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                              Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                              Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Ooohhh! Okay, that makes sense now!

I don't know if my country's current economy will allow me to back this, but I'll grab it as soon as I reasonably can. Adventure is my favorite from all the three settings. Maybe because it's the most idealistic one.

Comment

Working...
                                X