Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patricl_Gleason View Post
    Ooohhh! Okay, that makes sense now!

I don't know if my country's current economy will allow me to back this, but I'll grab it as soon as I reasonably can. Adventure is my favorite from all the three settings. Maybe because it's the most idealistic one.
    Adventure! is my fave too, though I can’t wait for Anima.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

What about space in the Adventure era? Can I build a Flash Gordon rocket ship, shoot it into space, and fly to Mars?

Comment

Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
        What about space in the Adventure era? Can I build a Flash Gordon rocket ship, shoot it into space, and fly to Mars?
        if planetary romance play isn’t covered, I’m doing a Nexus supplement for it!

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

If they want to do pulp, then we have John Carter and Flash Gordon in there so, there should be.
          I have often thought of a game (prior to this system) where some nations have dropped colonies on the planets in our solar system. This has created a BOOM in a new version of colonialism.

Comment

I like to think Tintin is a good reference for pulp adventure. You have investigation, science, some historical things, trip to the moon and Nazis (well, the writer was kind of Nazi, so the Nazis are in the wrong side, but yet, you can punch them).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

New Adventure! preview have dropped! This time, A World of Adventure - i.e. example settings and story ideas!

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

Actually she got many names over the years, she was hidden and also she got so old it would be impossible to keep using the same name or documents without calling for attention from government. In Aberrant era she was Krona Bush, so Bhurano may be just another name added to the list.
                Based on this week's preview, it seems Saraswati Kaur Bhurano is her original name.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                  I like to think Tintin is a good reference for pulp adventure. You have investigation, science, some historical things, trip to the moon and Nazis (well, the writer was kind of Nazi, so the Nazis are in the wrong side, but yet, you can punch them).
                  Tintin is a good strip, and still widely available. Personally, I LOVE Doc Savage for this sort of thing.

We should probably start a separate post for Pulpy inspiration. Comics, strips, movies, etc.
                  Last edited by MythAdvocate; 03-30-2021, 12:58 PM.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
                  Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

What supplements do you think we're going to get down the line?

I expect at least a full world book (like Terra Firma for Aeon), and a full book dedicated only to 'Strange Places'. I don't really want both of those things in a single book - the weird places of the Adventure world deserve their own book.

Something I'm not sure I can expect, but which I really want is at least a thin book on doing Pulp Sci-Fi. Your Pulp Mars, Pulp Venus, and Flash Gordon type of stuff. (Maybe Lensman, too)

Something I'd be interested in once the Trinity Continuum line is complete or nearly done, would be a book dedicated to the Aeon Society in it full breath. From its founding in the 1920s, through Aberrant and Aeon, to the far future where who knows what form it will take. Covering important NPC, signature events, its divisions, and its many, many secrets. I think it would be cool to have a book like this, seeing how the Aeon Society is pretty much the signature organization of the entire game line (or at least most of it).
                    Last edited by NullApostle; 04-03-2021, 05:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Given the Colonial World was such a major part of the period and the pulp genres, books on playing in these areas and being respectful while doing so seems a good choice. Take China, that Culture was incredibly dynamic in this period. Thanks to Mao, Zhou, and Stalin, the world forgets this. A solid book on Chinese culture and society would be gold. Books on India, the Dutch East Indies, the Zanzibar coast of Africa, Brazil, Egypt, and Antarctica, would all be wonderful.

Comment

I would love more material on the telluric pocket places, like Atlantis. Hehe

An adventure set in exploring the lost world of Atlantis and then building up a citystate there would be awesome.

Comment

I don’t know what supplements we will get, but ones I’d like to see (and in one case might work on for the Nexus)

- Planetary Romance
                          - Wuxia book that also explores deconstructing pulp Yellow Peril tropes (I’m not qualified to write this one but I know exactly some of the people I’d pay to write it for the Nexus if OPP doesn’t hire them to write it!)
                          - WWII book with mass combat and espionage play

I have some other ideas but I want to see what new material is already in the book or not before I throw those out there
                          Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-03-2021, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Storytellers Vault will reject it. But maybe the Nexus will take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                              Storytellers Vault will reject it. But maybe the Nexus will take it?
                              Yes that’s what I meant, thank you

(Been working on a Mage supplement so Vault was first in my brain)

Comment

The new Allegiances are pretty interesting. Good job, devs.

Comment

Working...
                                X