No announcement yet.

TC Adventure! Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read Adventure! 1e in 2018 and I just noticed something. The 1e version seems somehow darker tone, more tragic and mournful for a lost past. 2e so far seems more hopeful and straight pulpy (though more inclusive of different races genders and sexualities than the original was). Do you guys see this too or am I imagining things?

Also shouldn’t it be Le Salon des Femmes Nouvelles? Femmes is a feminine noun in French.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

I think that was to idea for the entire Trinity Continuum. The 90s were very pessimistic and nowadays we need more optimistic views.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Makes sense. I think I can work with this.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
          The 1e version seems somehow darker tone, more tragic and mournful for a lost past.
          That's not something I ever got out of the 1e rulebook.

Ian A. A. Watson
          Onyx Path Community Manager
          Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

That's not something I ever got out of the 1e rulebook.
            The death of Annabelle and Michael’s grief afterward as being the end of an era. OTOH you are one of the writers so I trust your judgment on this issue.

Comment

We need more optimism in our games - especially, when you can punch Nazis in it. In Poland, our modern, real world government is having quasi-fascists leanings, so fighting Nazis would be great substitute for our government.
              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-08-2021, 03:43 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Okay. But there weren’t any Nazis in the 1930s (I mean, there were, but no one was at war with them except the countries they invaded). That was the 1940s. 1930s was like Doc Savage and the Shadow.

Comment

The Nazis were around and murdering people in the late 1920s. Before them groups called Freikorps (pardon my total lack of spelling skills in any language) were butchering people from the end of WWI on through to the formation of the Storm Troopers which most of them joined.

Comment

The Nazis were, unfortunately, well-considered internationally in the 30s (Hitler himself appeared on Times Magazine as 'Man of the Year'). In that more racist age, even being openly anti-semitic and anti-minorities was not bad to a considerable part of western society. Mind you, people that had more modern sensibilities or dealt with them had a good idea they were bad news. None more than Maxwell Mercer, who would certainly have a vision of their true stripes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                      Okay. But there weren’t any Nazis in the 1930s (I mean, there were, but no one was at war with them except the countries they invaded). That was the 1940s. 1930s was like Doc Savage and the Shadow.
                      you know the Indiana Jones movies are set in the 30s, right? The fact that there weren’t armies fighting yet, doesn’t mean the Third Reich* doesn’t have agents at work in the world to punch if that’s the story a table wants to do.

also don’t forget the Spanish Civil War

*Hitler came to power in 33

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• The ascension of the Nazis to the power in Germany start in the 20s (Hitler’s Mein Kamph was published in the 20s, and he already had a good amount of followers).
                        They took control of the National Social party (that become the Nazi name) and build their representation in the parliament, to the point they named Hitler the Chanceler in 1933, when they start to officially hunting people they didn’t consider proper Germans (not only Jews, but some Christian groups too, gays, not to mention the non-white). Before that they were doing it illegally or at least non officially.
                        They start “taking back” what they called Germany (as described in their national anthem, by the way), including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, etc.
                        As they were not attacking the western countries so far, and controlling the expansion of the soviets and their revolutions in Eastern Europe, England and France did nothing, and kept that way until the Germans broke to pact with USSR about Poland, starting officially the war.
                        They went all the way to the end of Poland and than turned around and took France, when England joined USSR against Germany in 1939.

So in 1934, Hittler was the big boss in Germany (not sure if called Chanceler or already Fuher), the German army was all around the world (Africa, Asia, Middle East and Europe) and recruiting locals (only particularly white people, of course) to the SS. I think they had already took Austria and some other countries (most of them still trying to recover from the destruction of WWI).

That is a very bad resume of the time...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

• 1933: Hitler becomes Chancellor, passes the Enabling Act which begins the process of converting the Weimar Republic into the single-party Nazi Germany.
                          1934: Trinity Continuum: Adventure!
                          1936: Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indiana Jones fights Nazis.
                          1938: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indiana Jones fights Nazis (again). The Rocketeer. Cliff Secord keeps a powerful invention away from Nazis.
                          1939: World War II begins.

Lots of room in there for Nazi-punching.

Ian A. A. Watson
                          Onyx Path Community Manager
                          Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

• I didn’t know all that. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                              1933: Hitler becomes Chancellor, passes the Enabling Act which begins the process of converting the Weimar Republic into the single-party Nazi Germany.
                              1934: Trinity Continuum: Adventure!
                              1936: Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indiana Jones fights Nazis.
                              1938: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indiana Jones fights Nazis (again). The Rocketeer. Cliff Secord keeps a powerful invention away from Nazis.
                              1939: World War II begins.

Lots of room in there for Nazi-punching.
                              I’d also add “Hitler sends Nazi forces to fight for Fascist victory in Spanish Civil War” to ‘36, which seems like a particularly ripe lynch pin for Inspired to alter the direction of.

of course stopping Stalin’s agents from turning a Republican victory into a ML party dictatorship against the will of most the Spanish heroes he was aiding will represent its own challenges.
                              Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-07-2021, 09:22 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
                                The new Allegiances are pretty interesting. Good job, devs.

Yeah; I get that a Path for Invictus Umbra might be redundant if Les Fantomes from the corebook are a player faction (and probably originated as people disgusted with the more selfish direction it took), but I really appreciated how clear it is that it's a good idea that was hijacked by more selfish interests and an unwillingness to call itself out, not always hypocritical. The REG is wonderfully creepy, and the Contendorri are very useful all-purpose goons who nonetheless have a grander expression that makes them possible chronicle villains, and respectable enough to be friendly rivals at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X