TC Adventure! Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    The ascension of the Nazis to the power in Germany start in the 20s (Hitler’s Mein Kamph was published in the 20s, and he already had a good amount of followers).
    They took control of the National Social party (that become the Nazi name) and build their representation in the parliament, to the point they named Hitler the Chanceler in 1933, when they start to officially hunting people they didn’t consider proper Germans (not only Jews, but some Christian groups too, gays, not to mention the non-white). Before that they were doing it illegally or at least non officially.
    They start “taking back” what they called Germany (as described in their national anthem, by the way), including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, etc.
    As they were not attacking the western countries so far, and controlling the expansion of the soviets and their revolutions in Eastern Europe, England and France did nothing, and kept that way until the Germans broke to pact with USSR about Poland, starting officially the war.
    They went all the way to the end of Poland and than turned around and took France, when England joined USSR against Germany in 1939.
    Not quite. The pact with Stalin facilitated the invasion of Poland. It was a violation of the line in the sand Britain and France had drawn over his expansion (after years of acquiescing). The USSR wasn’t in the war until Hitler broke their no aggression pact by invading them in ‘41 starting a second front in an ongoing war, possibly one of the most inexplicably stupid mistakes in world history.

So in 1934, Hittler was the big boss in Germany (not sure if called Chanceler or already Fuher),
    He becomes Fuher when President von Hindenburg dies in August of 34, and he combines the office of President with the Chancellorship.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-08-2021, 12:18 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Not quite. The pact with Stalin facilitated the invasion of Poland. It was a violation of the line in the sand Britain and France had drawn over his expansion (after years of acquiescing). The USSR wasn’t in the war until Hitler broke their no aggression pact by invading them in ‘41 starting a second front in an ongoing war, possibly one of the most inexplicably stupid mistakes in world history.

He becomes Fuher when President von Hindenburg dies in August of 34, and he combines the office of President with the Chancellorship.
      Thanks for the corrections. It’s been years since I studied WWII and I was remembering wrong.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

• I was just thinking of the moment of Inspiration and how it can be played with. Like imagine if at the moment one becomes Inspired they are whisked away by the energy to some other place or time, do an adventure there, and then come back to the world a second later empowered. Or as Inspiration strikes they get a vision of somewhere else, or something else, good or bad, that helps to motivate them and stuff.

It could be a quite interesting flux event.

Comment

• It’s a bit Mage the Awakening crossing with Tron... something that may be really interesting to play.

it can also you suddenly connect to tour other selves from other realities and gain some of their memories.

Comment

• I like the idea of seeing multiple visions of similar 'you' in other worlds and places and times. It could be an interesting focal point of trying to either make this world NOT like the other one or actually like the other one. Like in one vision they see their world torn apart in an endless war (and since this is the pulp era I would figure Nazi's are the endless fighting force) or they can see a world of high technology where power is beamed and zepplins fly between massive art deco buildings (Tesla empowered). Maybe they see an image of a world covered in jungles and forests and them making a miraculous find (a lost world sort of image, maybe a return of Atlantis or something else). Then the character's find themselves back in the real present, now inspired.

Or even, and this would only work for certain campaigns, imagine a prologue where the players are handed a micro-character sheet with some high level abilities in a doomsday senario. The moment the final player dies the image snaps to the present, where they were normal people doing normal things in a normal world. Of course, said normal-life is now behind them as their vision has brought about their inspiration.

Comment

• Ok, I tried, I really did, but I can't really figure it out on my own. What does the Big Boss edge actually do? Every time I read it's description, I just keep thinking "isn't this just a path invocation? With an extra drawback?"
              Yes, yes, you are 'in charge', but what does that mean? Or to put it another way, what difference does that make?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

• So, from the new section:

All of the Inspired get access to Dramatic Editing; but for stalwarts and mesmerists, the costs are increased by one. It's not specifically stated that this cost bump is just for stalwarts and mesmerists; but it is stated that the cost bump doesn't apply to the subsequent sections. And the very next section is…

…that daredevils get a cost break for Dramatic Editing, reducing the cost by one. They also get to spend Momentum instead of Inspiration on Dramatic Editing if they wish.

Mesmerists get to “dramatically edit” which Psychic Gifts they have access to, spending Inspiration or Momentum to substitute one Gift for another for the rest of the scene. Okay; I can kind of see that as Dramatic Editing.

Stalwarts get to spend Inspiration or Momentum to treat one or all of their Facets as maxed out. Doing it for all Facets causes burnout.

And all types get to spend Inspiration to use their Gifts in creative ways (that is, to do things that aren't technically in the Gift's write-up), with the cost being set by just how much of a stretch the creative use is.

Also, each type of Inspired get a special means of recovering Inspiration once per session that's tied to one of the Facets: daredevils use Boldness and the Intuitive Facet; mesmerists use Concentration and the Reflective Facet; and stalwarts use Telluric Catalyst and the Destructive Facet.

The stalwart-specific tweaks to Inspiration and Dramatic Editing involve a new Condition called Telluric Burnout, which is a precursor to the Transformations of the Aberrant era.

Overall, I like these additions. That said, I'm going to house-rule it slightly for my games: I'm going to revise that first bit as “anyone can engage in Dramatic Editing, whether or not they're Inspired. The cost is double that given in the core book, and must be paid in Momentum.” I'll keep the rest the same: daredevils get a price break; mesmerists get to substitute Gifts; stalwarts get to exceed their limits; all of them can use their Gifts creatively; and the various types of Inspired get to use their choice of Inspiration or Momentum to pay for their Dramatic Editing specialties.

The reason for this tweak is that I like the original Adventure! concept of Dramatic Editing as a metagame concept, and this allows that concept to coexist with daredevils as reality warpers. It also makes it easier to port these rules over to other eras: novas and psiads and superiors and psions don't have Inspiration; but with this tweak, they can still spend Momentum on Dramatic Editing, as can baselines. Likewise, Talents become a bit more effective in eras where psychics and/or superhumans are running around: it's mentioned that the cost break for daredevils comes from the ambient Telluric Energies in the wake of the Hammersmith Event, and a similar rationale would apply in Aberrant and Æon (though not in the core book's setting or in Anima).

Comment

• 1e Daredevil was not necessarily powered, or reality bending, and that is really important in the way the game flows. We treat them as powered by reality bending, but even in game they are not sure how it works, even the most fantastic people in the world can’t pinpoint when they are using powers or just lucky.

Dramatic Editing (changing small things, or big ones) is a good metagaming, I mean, you take control of the game from the GM, it’s very metagaming. If it is ok to Stalwarts and Mesmerists to use Dramatic Editing, I would say non-inspired characters could do the same.

Now, the other uses of inspiration should apply only to inspired (some require facet values), and that is what I think is the most superhuman aspect of the Talents/Daredevils (at least measurable in game). That must be available to all inspired that are based in Inspiration and only to them.

Comment

• So the Gifts chapter came out and I have to say I am really liking it. The Daredevils are as cool as the Talents that we already know, and thus fit well. Stalwart powers are brilliant and I like the nature of them. Mesmerist powers are intriguing to me, though I am more in the Stalwart frame right now and thus its that where my focus really is.

Its funny to me that in the previous edition there were some Mesmerist powers that I really wanted to be Stalwart powers but in this edition there really isn't. There is one or two that I think would fit (the memory palace one for example, that and some telluric sensory powers) but for the most part Stalwart is Stalwart and Mesmerist is Mesmerist.

I will state that this is a pdf that I will be keeping open so that I can over the powers in more detail, for I really like the nature of what they can do. So much potential.

---

One thing I don't see, and would really like for there to be a sidebar about, is the longevity of the Inspired. I totally can see Stalwarts and Mesmerists (and maybe certain rare Daredevils) getting something that makes them immortal. I don't think this should be a direct Gift as its sort of useless in normal play but something like "if trait x reaches y then you are immortal" or even "if you have x gifts your telluric pattern is strong enough to stand up to eternity".

Comment

• Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                      So the Gifts chapter came out and I have to say I am really liking it. The Daredevils are as cool as the Talents that we already know, and thus fit well. Stalwart powers are brilliant and I like the nature of them. Mesmerist powers are intriguing to me, though I am more in the Stalwart frame right now and thus its that where my focus really is.

Its funny to me that in the previous edition there were some Mesmerist powers that I really wanted to be Stalwart powers but in this edition there really isn't. There is one or two that I think would fit (the memory palace one for example, that and some telluric sensory powers) but for the most part Stalwart is Stalwart and Mesmerist is Mesmerist.

I will state that this is a pdf that I will be keeping open so that I can over the powers in more detail, for I really like the nature of what they can do. So much potential.
                      Agree with you about Stalwart powers, the way they are working now are just great, and they made it better than 1e. To describe Doc Primoris you don’t need to pick some psychic gifts and make them dynamic, for example.

Another thing I like in the Stalwart gifts is the way they where broken in Attribute and Power gifts, it makes much easier to say “for reasons of genre, no power gift will be available”.

On the Mesmerist side, I was expecting Biological gifts being exclusively BK and VK related, but actually they are “all that is related to biology”, what means you can use some of the Telepathy and Clair powers (among others) as biological because they affect biological aspects, like talking to animals is a Telepathy power (a little aspect of a mode dot), or sensing a target by touching a former part of their body is a clairsentience power, but as both deal with biological aspects of reality they are biological. Honestly it put the borders between different kinds of powers in a grey area, but it’s a personal point of view. It’s also irrelevant because it has effects only in the character creation, and further evolution takes no advantage of the original focus (what is good in my opinion).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                        1e Daredevil was not necessarily powered, or reality bending, and that is really important in the way the game flows. We treat them as powered by reality bending, but even in game they are not sure how it works, even the most fantastic people in the world can’t pinpoint when they are using powers or just lucky.

Dramatic Editing (changing small things, or big ones) is a good metagaming, I mean, you take control of the game from the GM, it’s very metagaming. If it is ok to Stalwarts and Mesmerists to use Dramatic Editing, I would say non-inspired characters could do the same.

Now, the other uses of inspiration should apply only to inspired (some require facet values), and that is what I think is the most superhuman aspect of the Talents/Daredevils (at least measurable in game). That must be available to all inspired that are based in Inspiration and only to them.
                        Agreed. Things like Gifts and the boosts you can get from Facets should be (and are) unique to the Inspired. The only thing my house rule is intended to change is the access to Dramatic Editing as defined in the TC core book. It's a small change, but has dramatic implications. Everything else they've done, including making Dramatic Editing even easier for daredevils, I intend to use as written.

Comment

Working...
                        X