X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic TC Adventure! Kickstarter

TC Adventure! Kickstarter

Onyx Path announced Kickstarter for Trinity Continuum: Adventure! on April 2021! Plus they will run podcast 'series' each Wednesday to this date. I'm excited!

‘While that Kickstarter is running, we continue to prep for the next ones. One of those, but not the next, is the Kickstarter for the long-awaited pulp-genre addition to the Trinity Continuum: Adventure! If you remember, we ran a multi-part web-comic in the month leading up to TC: Aberrant, and we wanted to have another fun lead-in for TC: Adventure!. We considered a pulp magazine story, with b&w illustrations and all that, but that was sort of the look for Adventure!‘s first edition. It’s not a bad idea, but I was looking for another way to present a TC: Adventure lead-in story.

It has always seemed to me that podcasts like Welcome To Nightvale are very much following a grand tradition of the great old radio series that were such an important part of people’s lives before the onset of television. Which led to asking: what better way to give the feel of 1930’s media than to do our own radio drama?! So starting on Wednesday, we will release a weekly serial episode – short, like many of them were – for six weeks as we lead up to the Trinity Continuum: Adventure! Kickstarter.’

Monday Meeting Notes - http://theonyxpath.com/i-only-need-t...meeting-notes/

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-02-2021, 06:26 AM.

• LordHeru
    replied
    I like the idea of seeing multiple visions of similar 'you' in other worlds and places and times. It could be an interesting focal point of trying to either make this world NOT like the other one or actually like the other one. Like in one vision they see their world torn apart in an endless war (and since this is the pulp era I would figure Nazi's are the endless fighting force) or they can see a world of high technology where power is beamed and zepplins fly between massive art deco buildings (Tesla empowered). Maybe they see an image of a world covered in jungles and forests and them making a miraculous find (a lost world sort of image, maybe a return of Atlantis or something else). Then the character's find themselves back in the real present, now inspired.

Or even, and this would only work for certain campaigns, imagine a prologue where the players are handed a micro-character sheet with some high level abilities in a doomsday senario. The moment the final player dies the image snaps to the present, where they were normal people doing normal things in a normal world. Of course, said normal-life is now behind them as their vision has brought about their inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    It’s a bit Mage the Awakening crossing with Tron... something that may be really interesting to play.

it can also you suddenly connect to tour other selves from other realities and gain some of their memories.

Leave a comment:

• LordHeru
    replied
    I was just thinking of the moment of Inspiration and how it can be played with. Like imagine if at the moment one becomes Inspired they are whisked away by the energy to some other place or time, do an adventure there, and then come back to the world a second later empowered. Or as Inspiration strikes they get a vision of somewhere else, or something else, good or bad, that helps to motivate them and stuff.

It could be a quite interesting flux event.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Not quite. The pact with Stalin facilitated the invasion of Poland. It was a violation of the line in the sand Britain and France had drawn over his expansion (after years of acquiescing). The USSR wasn’t in the war until Hitler broke their no aggression pact by invading them in ‘41 starting a second front in an ongoing war, possibly one of the most inexplicably stupid mistakes in world history.

He becomes Fuher when President von Hindenburg dies in August of 34, and he combines the office of President with the Chancellorship.
    Thanks for the corrections. It’s been years since I studied WWII and I was remembering wrong.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    The ascension of the Nazis to the power in Germany start in the 20s (Hitler’s Mein Kamph was published in the 20s, and he already had a good amount of followers).
    They took control of the National Social party (that become the Nazi name) and build their representation in the parliament, to the point they named Hitler the Chanceler in 1933, when they start to officially hunting people they didn’t consider proper Germans (not only Jews, but some Christian groups too, gays, not to mention the non-white). Before that they were doing it illegally or at least non officially.
    They start “taking back” what they called Germany (as described in their national anthem, by the way), including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, etc.
    As they were not attacking the western countries so far, and controlling the expansion of the soviets and their revolutions in Eastern Europe, England and France did nothing, and kept that way until the Germans broke to pact with USSR about Poland, starting officially the war.
    They went all the way to the end of Poland and than turned around and took France, when England joined USSR against Germany in 1939.
    Not quite. The pact with Stalin facilitated the invasion of Poland. It was a violation of the line in the sand Britain and France had drawn over his expansion (after years of acquiescing). The USSR wasn’t in the war until Hitler broke their no aggression pact by invading them in ‘41 starting a second front in an ongoing war, possibly one of the most inexplicably stupid mistakes in world history.

So in 1934, Hittler was the big boss in Germany (not sure if called Chanceler or already Fuher),
    He becomes Fuher when President von Hindenburg dies in August of 34, and he combines the office of President with the Chancellorship.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-08-2021, 12:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
    The new Allegiances are pretty interesting. Good job, devs.

Yeah; I get that a Path for Invictus Umbra might be redundant if Les Fantomes from the corebook are a player faction (and probably originated as people disgusted with the more selfish direction it took), but I really appreciated how clear it is that it's a good idea that was hijacked by more selfish interests and an unwillingness to call itself out, not always hypocritical. The REG is wonderfully creepy, and the Contendorri are very useful all-purpose goons who nonetheless have a grander expression that makes them possible chronicle villains, and respectable enough to be friendly rivals at times.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
    1933: Hitler becomes Chancellor, passes the Enabling Act which begins the process of converting the Weimar Republic into the single-party Nazi Germany.
    1934: Trinity Continuum: Adventure!
    1936: Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indiana Jones fights Nazis.
    1938: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indiana Jones fights Nazis (again). The Rocketeer. Cliff Secord keeps a powerful invention away from Nazis.
    1939: World War II begins.

Lots of room in there for Nazi-punching.
    I’d also add “Hitler sends Nazi forces to fight for Fascist victory in Spanish Civil War” to ‘36, which seems like a particularly ripe lynch pin for Inspired to alter the direction of.

of course stopping Stalin’s agents from turning a Republican victory into a ML party dictatorship against the will of most the Spanish heroes he was aiding will represent its own challenges.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 04-07-2021, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    I didn’t know all that. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• IanWatson
    replied
    1933: Hitler becomes Chancellor, passes the Enabling Act which begins the process of converting the Weimar Republic into the single-party Nazi Germany.
    1934: Trinity Continuum: Adventure!
    1936: Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indiana Jones fights Nazis.
    1938: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Indiana Jones fights Nazis (again). The Rocketeer. Cliff Secord keeps a powerful invention away from Nazis.
    1939: World War II begins.

Lots of room in there for Nazi-punching.

Leave a comment:

• Mateus Luz
    replied
    The ascension of the Nazis to the power in Germany start in the 20s (Hitler’s Mein Kamph was published in the 20s, and he already had a good amount of followers).
    They took control of the National Social party (that become the Nazi name) and build their representation in the parliament, to the point they named Hitler the Chanceler in 1933, when they start to officially hunting people they didn’t consider proper Germans (not only Jews, but some Christian groups too, gays, not to mention the non-white). Before that they were doing it illegally or at least non officially.
    They start “taking back” what they called Germany (as described in their national anthem, by the way), including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Poland, etc.
    As they were not attacking the western countries so far, and controlling the expansion of the soviets and their revolutions in Eastern Europe, England and France did nothing, and kept that way until the Germans broke to pact with USSR about Poland, starting officially the war.
    They went all the way to the end of Poland and than turned around and took France, when England joined USSR against Germany in 1939.

So in 1934, Hittler was the big boss in Germany (not sure if called Chanceler or already Fuher), the German army was all around the world (Africa, Asia, Middle East and Europe) and recruiting locals (only particularly white people, of course) to the SS. I think they had already took Austria and some other countries (most of them still trying to recover from the destruction of WWI).

That is a very bad resume of the time...

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    Okay. But there weren’t any Nazis in the 1930s (I mean, there were, but no one was at war with them except the countries they invaded). That was the 1940s. 1930s was like Doc Savage and the Shadow.
    you know the Indiana Jones movies are set in the 30s, right? The fact that there weren’t armies fighting yet, doesn’t mean the Third Reich* doesn’t have agents at work in the world to punch if that’s the story a table wants to do.

also don’t forget the Spanish Civil War

*Hitler came to power in 33

Leave a comment:

• pcontop
    replied
    The Nazis were, unfortunately, well-considered internationally in the 30s (Hitler himself appeared on Times Magazine as 'Man of the Year'). In that more racist age, even being openly anti-semitic and anti-minorities was not bad to a considerable part of western society. Mind you, people that had more modern sensibilities or dealt with them had a good idea they were bad news. None more than Maxwell Mercer, who would certainly have a vision of their true stripes.

Leave a comment:

• Astromancer
    replied
    The Nazis were around and murdering people in the late 1920s. Before them groups called Freikorps (pardon my total lack of spelling skills in any language) were butchering people from the end of WWI on through to the formation of the Storm Troopers which most of them joined.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Okay. But there weren’t any Nazis in the 1930s (I mean, there were, but no one was at war with them except the countries they invaded). That was the 1940s. 1930s was like Doc Savage and the Shadow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X