[Aberrant] How to Disguise a Power?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Aberrant] How to Disguise a Power?

So, I'm currently making a nova character with an alternate identity. Both identities are novas with the Warp power, but I'd like to obscure the connection by making their Warp portals look different. How should I go about doing this?

I'd probably create a power tag for it. It's not worth making the character buy two versions of Warp or anything. Honestly, a power tag might be a bit expensive for it, but I think it's the closest tool in the toolbox.

Comment

You could have a variant of the Dormant Merit, that allows to have 2 Nova personas instead of a baseline/Nova. Each with a different flavor of powers, even if they are the same.

Comment

Could also buy a technique mega-edge and buy up everything the same with just a different flavor text.

Comment

Originally posted by Sakii View Post
          You could have a variant of the Dormant Merit, that allows to have 2 Nova personas instead of a baseline/Nova. Each with a different flavor of powers, even if they are the same.
          I ended up talking to the GM in the game, and he ended up agreeing that the sort of psychological 'dissociation', for lack of a better word, involved in Alternate Identity is fine to justify the different look, though obviously it's not actual different powers.

Comment

Working...
          X