[Core] Changing favored approach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Core] Changing favored approach

The XP table defines a 15xp cost for changing your favores approach.

I don't understand the usefullness of this.
    What does it do?
    It changes the attribute dots assigned to your favored approach to the new one?

Ok, I get it.

No one knows.

Comment

It does what it says, moves your favored approach, which would entail moving the dots it gives to your new approach attributes. However, you can also spend 3 sessions tweaking your character to do the same thing, so no one ever does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vjornin View Post
        Ok, I get it.

No one knows.

Like Florin said, that is this simple and nobody uses.

Basically we gave up in giving it a meaning/significance because it doesn’t add to our game.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

I never thought of it like. Yea, it doesn't do much because you can move dots around after a session. Weird....that feels like an artifact of early drafts that just stuck around.

Comment

That or someone at OPP is like, "Just wait until they figure out why we put it in there. It's going to blow their minds!"

Comment

I figure the Favored Approach must have originally given some sort of significant bonus, such as a 9-again rule, lowered difficulty on dice rolls, bonus Momentum, etcetera. Either the bonus was unbalanced, people got frustrated over consistently forgetting to apply the rule, or people were using their Favored Approach Attributes for every single dice roll possible, so the entire thing was dropped. For example, if your Favored Approach is Force and you max your Force stats, you can just bull your way through the campaign and get a free bonus to virtually everything you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdboi View Post
                I figure the Favored Approach must have originally given some sort of significant bonus, such as a 9-again rule, lowered difficulty on dice rolls, bonus Momentum, etcetera. Either the bonus was unbalanced, people got frustrated over consistently forgetting to apply the rule, or people were using their Favored Approach Attributes for every single dice roll possible, so the entire thing was dropped. For example, if your Favored Approach is Force and you max your Force stats, you can just bull your way through the campaign and get a free bonus to virtually everything you do.
                that is probably the best explanation. The first time I read it was not like this, but Storypath has a long development story, so...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdboi View Post
                  I also thought this, So, I asked to know if somewhere there was a rule I missed.

Comment

Here's what it does: it makes you lose 15 xp. There's nothing like it! :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X