No announcement yet.

[Trinity Continuum] Max Mercer Theory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. The idea was more like the guy says I can’t believe Mal is gay, with a long text after, and the guy replied I can’t believe Mal has Arms with a long text mirroring the first guy and being sarcastic.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
    House Rules - Psi - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Æon
    Fists and Tomes - Inspired Martial Arts and Mysticism for Talents

Comment

From first episode of TC Aether 'serial'...

Anne Mercer? Mysterious J———? What is going on here? 😲

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

In last episode of Aether serial, it's pointed that Max Mercer was born deaf and learned sign language in childhood. His parents, in Esoteric Order of Eons, debated to cure him by using Aether - but knew change would be temporal, like everything with Aether. ( So called 'unwinding'. ) However, we know that Max, in Adventure era ( 1923+ onward ) is not deaf. We also now that he jumped to circa 2120s ( Aeon era ) at least once, so maybe there he was cured of hearing problems?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

If you are interested in Max Mercer life and stats - I invite you to this topic and post about his stats.

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I think he is not cured, but have an apparatus that let him perceive words (maybe hear, not properly explained). He probably was using a device to allow him to lister for most of his life at least until Hammersmith.

Maybe he internalized this power using Edit Condition. Between you and me, Max was basically turned into a Magog by the Hammersmith accident, with no Magog gifts that change his appearance. Accelerate Tempo is basically his power as described in Adventure! (Not sure if D20 or 1e), probably with a personal method of Aether Gate to travel time. Eschew Mortality would be the only Magog gift he would have, but not sure what is the flaw of his immortality.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
            House Rules - Psi - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Æon
            Fists and Tomes - Inspired Martial Arts and Mysticism for Talents

Comment

Quick sum up - Maxwell Mercer is superquick ( beside time travel powers ) and Micheal Donighal, a.k.a Doctor Primoris, is energy, heat, etc. resistant after Hammersmith Event?

LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

No stats are given for them in TC:A!. In the original game, Max was given a “Chronal Awareness” Knack which is described as a very versatile ability to manipulate time; in effect, he had the equivalent of five dots in the Time Sphere from Mage: the Ascension, or five dots in the Time Arcanum from Mage: the Awakening. Doctor Primoris, meanwhile, has “most of the level one and two Dynamic Knacks, and Dynamic versions of many Psychic Knacks”. In TC:A! terms, he'd have a bunch of Dynamic Attribute Gifts; possibly some Dynamic Power Gifts (something that doesn't have a counterpart in the original game), and a number of unique Dynamic Gifts patterned after Psychic Gifts. Nothing as limited as “resistant to energy, heat, etc.”

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  Micheal Donighal, a.k.a Doctor Primoris, is energy, heat, etc. resistant after Hammersmith Event?
                  Based on what little we learn from his actions during and after the Hammersmith Event, he seems to have enhanced might, stamina, and intellect, as well as the ability to absorb fire and see through smoke. He may have enhanced resolve given his tunnel vision and resistance to being dissuaded from his path by Max Mercer and Dr. Bhurano. Anything beyond that amounts to giving him whatever powers you think he needs for your game.

You don't have to give him all the powers like in 1st edition, since he's probably an outright Nova in a world of Stalwarts; he really is inherently more powerful than the others, so even a handful of Nova abilities outweigh a laundry list of Dynamic Gifts. He'll also eventually pioneer the Chrysalis process, which means he can swap powers to whatever he feels he needs.

Comment

Okay, ST/SG question here - HOW would you roleplay Max Mercer in adventure ( and Adventure! era 😎 )?

I got it right that after Hammersmith and his time jumping 200 years in future he is kinda like 'positive Batman'? He acts a bit like rich playboy - but also not crossing the line of 'party boy', just 'rich, owning it, crazy adventurer - but also philanthropist'. He saw future, he knows world can ( and should ) be better in next decades. But also he likes to act and is a bit intense. ( Somehow like Batman, I think? Or maybe Green Arrow's Oliver Queen as Social Justice Warrior of that era? )
                    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-09-2022, 03:57 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• I think of Max as closer to Oliver Queen than Bruce Wayne in personality.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        Okay, ST/SG question here - HOW would you roleplay Max Mercer in adventure ( and Adventure! era 😎 )?

I got it right that after Hammersmith and his time jumping 200 years in future he is kinda like 'positive Batman'? He acts a bit like rich playboy - but also not crossing the line of 'party boy', just 'rich, owning it, crazy adventurer - but also philanthropist'. He saw future, he knows world can ( and should ) be better in next decades. But also he likes to act and is a bit intense. ( Somehow like Batman, I think? Or maybe Green Arrow's Oliver Queen as Social Justice Warrior of that era? )

For me, Max Mercer is the eternal optimist, a true man of hope. He believes in a better tomorrow because he has literally been there, but he also understands that if you want a better future, you have to make it real by working hard in the present. When I role-play him, I always go with the gentleman adventurer angle: Calm, charming, impeccable manners, a compassionate look that tells you that everything will be alright and a contagious enthusiasm that makes you want to be the best version of yourself.

Comment

• I like the idea Divis Mal started out as basically a bitter, cynical Randall Portman. I wonder when it was Mal learnt to turn the ‘fire valve’, so to speak, in the other direction, ie, when he develop Quantum Attack and Quantum Anima?

Comment

• The thing about Max Mercer is that he can't give orders. Any direct action he takes to alter history will produce a new timeline instead of changing the old one, so he's forced to poke around the edges of major events through intermediaries and hope for the best. I figure he uses something similar to Socratic dialogue to get his agents to answer their own questions, only introducing new facts in response to their actions.

Comment

• Kind of like Greek myth’s Cassandra, huh? She knew the future, but by spurning Apollo she was cursed to never be believed.

Comment

• Okay, here is simple Aspiration list for Max Mercer in 1923. I based him on your points, but mainly Firanai take on character. What do you think about this goals for him?

Max Aspirations
                                Short – Find ‘Future Sight’ relic ( to understand future better )
                                Short – INSPIRE someone to be better in life/particular event
                                Long – Build Better Future ( Create 1923 Aeon Society for starters )

LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X