[Trinity Continuum] Timelines Theories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Trinity Continuum] Timelines Theories

So what are your theories on how Continuum exactly work how? Like, my own question - If in Adventure! Era are Daredevils, Mesmerists and Stalwarts - Why on Aberrant one are only Novas ( super Stalwarts) and on Aeon Era are only Psiads ( super Mesmerists)?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    So what are your theories on how Continuum exactly work how? Like, my own question - If in Adventure! Era are Daredevils, Mesmerists and Stalwarts - Why on Aberrant one are only Novas ( super Stalwarts) and on Aeon Era are only Psiads ( super Mesmerists)?
    if I understand your question correctly it is answered in canon. Talents always exist (though their numbers increase when there are large energy spikes triggering Inspirations). Novas appear in large numbers the Aberrant era because of a huge Quantum burst that set of N-Day. Psiads and Latent Psions appear in large number in the Aeon era because of a Noetic energy burst that “someone” released a Noetic wave healing corruption zones in 2104. In both cases the Novas and Psions respectively put out so much of their own energy type that the activations continued via energy exposure. The high rate of Nova eruptions only stopped because the Novas left.

in the Adventure! era the Hammersmith event results in Stalwarts and Mesmerists, lower powered forms of the above. I would assume they don’t put out energy the same way, or at least at the same level as Psiads/Psions and Novas, and so the Inspirations declined after the spike rather than building in a reinforcing loop.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 03-26-2021, 08:21 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

The premise of your question is flawed. There aren’t only novas in the Aberrant era - Talents and psiads are there, and there aren’t only psiads in Aeon - Talents and Aberrants are there.

The answer to why the numbers are skewed is a better question. In general, there are more novas in the Aberrant era because there are more Quantum energies around that tend to trigger more novas. In the Aeon era, there’s more noetic energy around which suppresses novas, but also lingering Corruption energies across the planet, which triggers Aberrants.

Talents just keep happening regardless of the other energies around.
      Last edited by Bunyip; 03-26-2021, 07:50 PM.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Well, the reason for having more psi users in Aeon era is the Prometheus chambers, other than that the number of Psiads is slightly higher, but not as high as Novas in Aberrant era. Psions in the other hand are many more than any other splat, because the trigger is controlled and granted when used in the right person.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
          Well, the reason for having more psi users in Aeon era is the Prometheus chambers, other than that the number of Psiads is slightly higher, but not as high as Novas in Aberrant era. Psions in the other hand are many more than any other splat, because the trigger is controlled and granted when used in the right person.
          The Adventure! preview seems to indicate that mesmerists using their psi powers directly on regular humans had a tiny chance of inspiring them into becoming new mesmerists. Did the Doyen somehow lock that potential out of psions, or can a psion accidentally - or even purposefully - turn someone into a psiad by using a power on them? This would seem to be especially likely for Vitakinetics and Telepaths, since their powers are meant to be used directly on people.

Even if this side effect was somehow locked out of psions, it would still be a possibility for psiads. That would actually give psiads an interesting unspoken advantage over psions; the ability to make more psiads without technological intervention.

Comment

In thesis, high psi exposure would cause the character to become a Psiad, the same way as high quantum exposure would cause the character to become a Nova. But it’s not that simple, and the effect seams to be more a possibility than a measured fact. I believe Psiads are more common in Aeon era, but not much more than usual, both because Bhurano experiment in 2104 and because of all the Psions spending psi around.

Comment

What is Psions vs Psiads difference in Aeon Era? Best would be to explain to me in Mesmerists terms...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I do not like the Aberrant era general lore - much more I'm interested on Climate Crisis future. I also like general lore of all other eras - Adventure!, TC Modern, Anima and Aeon. Is there a way to bypass Aberrant and still end in Anima and Aeon?
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-27-2021, 06:11 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

What is Psions vs Psiads difference in Aeon Era? Best would be to explain to me in Mesmerists terms...
                  I’m not going to explain in Mesmerist terms because I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Psiads are humanity’s natural psionic evolution. They can gain mid-level dots in every Aptitude, and higher level in a few primary Aptitudes.

Psions are genetically engineered from latent psionic humans who could never be psiads. They’re essentially locked into one Aptitude but their focus and the genetic refinements mean they can reach the highest levels of power in this Aptitude.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Is there a way to bypass Aberrant and still end in Anima and Aeon?
                    I’m sure there is, but you’ll have to do the work on deciding how you get to a future building on super-being technology (Anima) followed by a future built on being weapons designed to fight the super beings (Aeon).

Comment

What exactly you didn’t like in Aberrant? That they are superheroes? That they become the villains? The idea of Quantum Powers?

The answer have some impact on how you can replace Aberrant. The idea is, you need something that brought a global disaster and that can be literally fought against, otherwise Anima would have nothing to recover from, and Aeon would have no big enemy the Psions fight.

You can replace Aberrants with aliens, but not a virus or a economical crisis. Not even a standard war can replace Aberrant war, because the enemy must leave humanity in peace but return latter (or the Psions would have no reason to exist).

You can adapt further, but the amount of work to make it reasonable grows a lot.

Comment

What exactly you didn’t like in Aberrant? That they are superheroes? That they become the villains? The idea of Quantum Powers?
                        I do not like superheroes idea in 'realistic' setting, per se. Classical superheroes points to me 'the individuals that rules the world', not 'saviors of humanity', more or less. Quantum Powers are cool, on itself. Much more I like to see powers on lower end, like in Adventure! and Trinity Core they are described. When I want to play 'gods amongst humans' I have Scion for this one.

LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Not even a standard war can replace Aberrant war, because the enemy must leave humanity in peace but return latter (or the Psions would have no reason to exist).
                          I still do not understand this one key points in Continuum - if Novas are 'random occurrence' in humanity population, Aberrants cannot truly leave the Earth - as long as there will be born Novas, there will be next Aberrant. Especially with 2E take that Aberrants are much more 'evil ideology' Novas, than mutated monsters. ( Even if they would also made as mutated monsters - as long as are Novas on Earth, they can mutates to Aberrants. ) 🤔

LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                            Though I have to admit to honestly hating the fact that they are keeping the Aberrant metaplot (really really don't like that). Especially there being the FSA, which I put in the big nope category.
                            LordHeru you maybe interested in our Aberrant discussion here.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-27-2021, 07:40 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Well, let’s start.

Novas try to become the rulers of the world, not all of them, but some, and that’s basically what start Aberrant War. Not all novas are crazy or deformed by quantum powers, not all of them are cult leaders or space monsters, some are still pretty human. The issue is, the more power they are larger are the chances they have some level of corruption, and so larger are the chances they are crazy for power. Not all Novas are god like creatures, some retain pretty human in all aspects, maybe with a power that is not that potent, those have less chance to become real Aberrants.

The term Aberrant is used to describe the subgroup in Terragen, but slowly become a slang to describe Novas that appear less humans and latter any Nova. By the time of the war (2060s) it’s used as a synonym of Nova.

Novas are random occurrences in human population, much like Psionic latency in Aeon, but FAR LESS common, not everyone can become a Nova, or a Psiad, or a Psion, no matter how much energy they receive, they need a genetic mark that can be triggered by certain conditions. When N-Day happened, it created an environment that increased the chances of eruption of Novas, and the presence of novas created an environment that increased the chances of eruption of Novas, creating a vicious circle. Novas can leave Earth, they just chose not to, until they are expelled in the end of Aberrant War. Well, some of them left earth before, some carried some humans with them, creating space colonies, some went in groups, some alone, but most of the novas were not powerful enough to live in space or even to leave Earth at all.

The creatures Psions fight more often, are not real Aberrants, they are humans that were mutated by quantum powers or mere exposition to quantum. They are basically what happen when a normal person, that can’t become a nova are exposed to high levels of quantum, they gain transformations and some advantages, but are hardly capable of energy manipulation, like a real nova. Those sub-aberrants increase the number of “aberrants” around, because the real number of novas probably never reached the 30k (I play with a number around 15k on Aeon era, spread around the entire universe).

Comment

Working...
                              X