Thoughts, suggestions and builds for Colony

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts, suggestions and builds for Colony

Going to run a campaign that leads to Colony's attack on earth. I want to provide some kind of foreshadowing of his motivation and goals to my players. Right now he is just a behind the scenes monster. Has anyone developed him as a character with substance and reason behind his actions?

For this game? No.
    But you can always do some stories about cults that worship him growing more active. Maybe have them leak some "prophecies" or "sacred messages" they got. Those "prophecies" being information that they got from some of his cronies who are feeding the Colony information and the like. This could be people helping him plan an invasion, too. So that the cult will either be instigating attacks on places that would weaken Earth or at least weaken where Colony wants to attack first. Or even the players could try to stop those attacks in a 24 Hours-eque fashion.

Comment

The easy part of Colony is to set reasons behind his actions. He was expelled from Earth for the last 80 years and his mind is deformed by quantum corruption, basically he miss home, he sees himself as a god and worth of Earth as his kingdom.

You can add some layers, in my mind he was a mega social nova with millions followers and fans, what makes him a bit more attention seeker and there is almost no one in space. Or maybe he have still followers on Earth, as theDonnie suggested.

In my head cannon, the Colony has the Transmission mega edge, with Telepresence and a lot of mega social powers. He can create a receptor in the minds of regular people, allowing them to receive his transmissions (it works like a transformation caused by quantum exposure). It all before he even left earth, probably working as a biological social media, and people wanted to receive his transmissions, to get in touch with the colony and his guests (like people follow others in social media). His name, the Colony, come from the name he gave to his “social media”, the Colony as a reference to they being all connected and part of a group, like a colony (not any connection to the fact that there is a small colony of him inside the followers).

After leaving Earth his powers grew and he was capable of turning people into sub aberrants (expanding the receptor into a full body transformation). And that also made him crazy and megalomaniac. That’s when he sees a real chance of recovering his former glory, and get this billions of followers back, by force if necessary. That’s when he started his way back, contacted other novas he knew (transmission allows telepathy with other novas) and start an attack to the colonies (turning them part of the colony).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

You can always start building dread with Clears picking up the sense of an impending threat from months away. The fact they're picking up a threat from months out should tell them how BIG the threat is.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
          You can always start building dread with Clears picking up the sense of an impending threat from months away. The fact they're picking up a threat from months out should tell them how BIG the threat is.
          (Spoilers in case you're a player in my Merope campaign) I've got a clairsentient doyen making sure of this - passing on visions of the colony to human psions and urging them to prepare. It'd be real nice if the humans could just get rid of this problem with minimal doyen effort...

Comment

Working...
          X