Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The effects of the inspired in the world of Adventure?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The effects of the inspired in the world of Adventure?

One of the things that I love the most from the trinity continuum setting is that people with powers DO make an impact, they have a real influence. Unlike the heroes and villains of Marvel and DC Comics, you can see the in AEON and Aberrant settings just how much psions and novas change the world with their presence and their actions. My question is then, are we going to see something similar in the world of Adventure? Has there been a leap in technology, political changes, social transformation, etc...as a result of the actions of the inspired? What are your predictions?
    Last edited by Firanai; 03-27-2021, 07:54 PM.

We will know next week when the world section should be dropping in the Kickstarter updates.

Comment

That next section has dropped. There's a part at the very end about some lost cities of Africa; and if TC:Adventure doesn't do this, I will: discoveries made involving those cities by the Inspired are going to have a “slow burn” cultural effect in my version of the Trinity Continuum that will culminate in Æon's African Union. It always bothered me that the united Africa seemingly came out of nowhere; but if it's the end result of two centuries worth of changes that started with the Inspired, that's something I can get behind.
      Last edited by Dataweaver; 03-30-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Ok, I read the chapter and I must confess I'm a bit disappointed, but it's just a personal feeling based on my expectations, the quality of the writing remains as good as always. My issue is that the whole chapter constantly hints at the influence of the inspired, but it's described in general terms, without specifics, and sometimes it's little more than a mention. I was expecting something more similar to Aberrant or Aeon where the changes are way more drastic, specific and have a bigger impact in the world.
        My suspicion is that the authors realized that too much intervention by the inspired would have changed the world so much that it would no longer resemble our past, which is a valid fear and I don't blame them for going for a more safe route. After all, Adventure! is about playing in a pulp fiction image of the past, not in a different timeline. I'm just curious and what they would have created otherwise.
        In any case I'm curious to see if any of you plan to make any changes in the setting. I'm picturing a more diselpunk/decopunk kind of world for my table (Bioshock is going to be a huge inspiration), but I have to work on the details. Can't wait for the final product.

Comment

Yeah, the main constraint is that Adventure needs to work as the history of aberrant. Of course, this being the trinity continuum, that doesn't mean that you can't have things evolve from here in a different way. Or even devise an alternate adventure that's more diesel punk.

Comment

What I believe happened, is that after WW II the Inspired and the effects of the Hammersmith event (i.e. the Strange Places) faded. Every major exploit by any Inspired that showed up in the newspapers was then "retconned" to be just serialized fiction or sensationalized fake news (your run-of-the-mill yellow press) by something like Project Rewrite after the Aberrant War. In time parts of Adventure history were then simply forgotten, especially minor things, while others were actively supressed. The modern world of the Trinity core still has some weird shit after all, but it's mostly fringe stuff that's easily dismissed except by crackpots or those actually in-the-know.

Comment

Also, the Appendix is slated to have some advice on how things could develop differently and create alternate Aberrant and Aeon settings.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I think the main assumption of the Continuum books is that things will (probably) go in direction X unless the player characters get involved, so the actions of the inspired only tweak things a bit outside of PC meddling. That presumably means when things get to the late 20th/early 21st century, the world is mostly like ours, but marginally more technologically advanced (due to inspired innovations filtering into widespread use) and with a slightly higher global standard of living (due to Aeon Society charity).

Comment

Working...
                X