Aeon- combining Psi powers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon- combining Psi powers

The question came up in our session today whether our Telepath could use Mind Shield (Psychbending 1) to also assist her Networked psion allies. Mind Shield clearly only affects the psion, but this could be a great opportunity for a combo power where the telepath combines Network (Mindshare 1) with Mind Shield (Psychbending 1) to provide the protection to all within the Network.

I'm curious if this seems reasonable to other Trinity Continuum community members. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Also, the question came up be we didn't explore whether the telepath could combine powers with the Networked EK in the group to mentally probe someone over a live video call. Seems like another reasonable example of combining powers.

I hope that Prometheus Unbound will explore these types of psionic possibilities. Can't wait for that one.

Could be a use of Scale (individual > group). I don't like waiting til hitting Proxy status for that though.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I'd fall on the "no" side, myself- doing useful things to other people seems a bit more powerful than level one, and protecting your allies from mental manipulation can be awfully useful. Another telepath in the link or maybe a vitakinetic and I'd be inclined to say yes- adding people is enough additional bother to justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bastion Avalos View Post
        The question came up in our session today whether our Telepath could use Mind Shield (Psychbending 1) to also assist her Networked psion allies.
        Did it work for your game? That’s the only answer you really need.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

Did it work for your game? That’s the only answer you really need.

Nice answer.

In my game, when psions harmonize their noetic fields to combine aptitudes, I allow them to share the experience and perceptions of the powers.
          As an example:
          If the clairsentient is looking at another place and finds a person, the telepath can use this sensory connection to read the mind, or the electrokinetic can try to hack the computer.
          It's very powerful, but makes for interesting adventures.

Comment

I believe the Doyen specifically limited psions so they have to combine powers with others in order to get really creative with their effects (psiads lack this artificial limitation). So if they want Mind Shields for everyone, they'd probably have to either combine the abilities of two telepaths (one with Network and one with Mind Shield), or a telepath and someone with another appropriate Aptitude. Possible options I can see offhand are:

Biokinesis (Adaptation): Alter biochemical processes in the brain to make someone resistant to mental powers (probably only affects the biokinetic).

Electrokinesis (Electromanipulation 2): Create a fake layer of neural signals to spoof hostile mental powers.

Electrokinesis (Technokinesis 3): Attach a Mind Shield effect to a technologically advanced helmet, with the effect protecting the wearer.

Quantakinesis (Fundamentals): Make Fundamentals effects that are especially potent versus mind powers.

Teleportation: Make an area of effect Mind Shield that protects everyone near the telepath.

Vitakinesis (Iatrosis): Stack a Mind Shield on someone's noetic template via touch.
            Last edited by Shepherdboi; 04-26-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X