Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dramatic Dramatic Editing Thread

I love Dramatic Editing.

I thought it would be fun to create a thread where folks can document entertaining/exciting/unexpected uses of Dramatic Editing in their games. I would start, but nobody used Dramatic Editing in the game I ran so far.

So what fun examples of DE have happened in your games lately (or ever)? Do you all have a favorite moment?

A couple years ago when we were playing 1e Adventure! the outlaw Scalper Dutch shot one of the PCs in the chest at point blank range and he walked away unharmed (except for a nasty bruise on his chest) by using Dramatic Editing because the bullet basically bounced off his gold cigarette case.

Comment

A character was about to be poisoned by an ally with a glass of wine. The glass slipped from it's fingers and the poison was spilled on the ground. (Maybe this should be inspired defense other than dramatic edit).

Later this character avoided an attack falling through the balcony into a truck full of pillows that was passing by the street.

Comment

A few years ago I ended an A! 1e session on a cliffhanger. The party was fighting a group of ninjas in a steam filled bath house. Two party members had been overpowered and disarmed and the third appeared to be decapitated by an enemy swordsman. At the start of the next session the apparently dead player spent all of his available Inspiration to have disguised himself as one of the ninjas in the steam and confusion. It turned out he hadn't been decapitated, he had decapitated one of the attackers. The other players then used the distraction of the reveal to escape their bonds and rearm themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Slagheap View Post
          A few years ago I ended an A! 1e session on a cliffhanger. The party was fighting a group of ninjas in a steam filled bath house. Two party members had been overpowered and disarmed and the third appeared to be decapitated by an enemy swordsman. At the start of the next session the apparently dead player spent all of his available Inspiration to have disguised himself as one of the ninjas in the steam and confusion. It turned out he hadn't been decapitated, he had decapitated one of the attackers. The other players then used the distraction of the reveal to escape their bonds and rearm themselves.
          This sounds AWESOME! Very pulp. Very awesome. Very like all eyes turn to the player as he describes the save, a save that would often be repeated among the game group. So yeah this sounds really really cool.

Comment

I remember one of my first cliffhangers was literally a cliff hanging scene, with the car upside down almost falling a cliff and the characters partially unconscious and almost in the hands of the enemy that were chasing them. Starting the next session the characters inspired them to conscious and got a few enemies by surprise when they went check for the bodies.

Not a big deal, but the cliff and the characters hanging there was a funny joke to me and the players that were new to this English thing...

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
            X