Jedi in Trinity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedi in Trinity

Well, not officially (please don't kill me Mr. Mouse), but honestly, this is one of the best new game systems I've had, and my players agree they'd prefer this over anything else for our new star wars rebels game.

But how do we do jedi? Most classes, smugglers, etc, can be handled as Talents, especially wth the ability to "I coincidentally grabbed the right tool to save myself".

But Jedi have a lot of abilities, but not all of them are as dramatic as what psi's or novas get, so they're sort of a talent+some abilities. how would you kit them out?

Honestly I’d just use Mesmerists for Jedi.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      Honestly I’d just use Mesmerists for Jedi.
      Good answer.

If you want to represent more precisely the jedi abilities, you could do your own list of gifts from talents, stalwarts and mesmerists. With such a list you could include mind tricks, combat prowess and whatever you need.

Comment

You might need to scale up a bit. While not as powerful as a Nova, the Jedi are more powerful than Mesmerists. Think of Yoda lifting the spaceship.

Comment

Stalwarts have a Gift that lets them increase Scale in some ways. So make a variation of that and wham! You can keep them as Talents.

Comment

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
            You might need to scale up a bit. While not as powerful as a Nova, the Jedi are more powerful than Mesmerists. Think of Yoda lifting the spaceship.

You could also build them as psiads.

Comment

I'd stick to mesmerists, and make Yoda an exception.

Comment

I don't have the rules but From what I know maybe psiads would work well if you imposed limits on how high the characters could purchase psi and modes

Comment

The problem of Psiads is they have a base se for powers linked to the powers they show, that Mesmerists don’t have and so fit better in the Jedi concept.

For example, any Psiad that have the Jedi mind trick would also be able to detect minds and project their thoughts in the target mind, what is not a common capacity to Jedi. But a Mesmerist has no basic set of powers (what is bad for them, but also good for the setting).

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                  Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                  Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

This is something that I have thought about a bit. I think that the solution that I would tend toward is the Psiad (with some restrictions on aptitudes/modes). However, I think that I would be inclined to also give the Jedi access to some Mesmerist/Stalwart/Talent gifts (basically from a predetermined list). Since the Psiad has the restrictions on the aptitudes/modes (no teleporting, limited biokinesis, probably no technokinesis, some restrictions on the psychokinesis, some other restrictions (and some dark side only restrictions (force lightning). I would be inclined to offer 1 mesmerist gift to start as well (not quite as strong as a full psiad), of course letting them spend Psi points to activate it.

Also, I think that a "Lightsaber" could probably be built pretty well as bio-tech, like a Psi gauntlet but different shape. a little off flavor for some things but also helps explain why mainly Jedi use them (you could make it "hard tech" that requires formatting or something like that to fit the flavor better).

Not to derail the thread but possibly to enhance the discussion:

I have been curious why Novas and Psiads wouldn't have access to the Stalwart and Mesmerist gifts (that they would choose something else most of the time is another case entirely). Particularly in the case of Novas/Psiads that started out as Stalwarts/Mesmerists. For psions it could make sense for with the Prometheus chamber shenanigans. I think talents could always gain any talent/daredevil related gifts (thus expanding the core options with those in Adventure!).

Is anyone planning to play a droid? are you making those as talents too, or low Quantum novas with limited options?

Comment

Mateus Luz

I agree and that makes sense. You could also "replace" certain powers from the modes (the ones that don't make sense) with Mesmerist powers that fit the general theme and traditional Jedi powers. I would personally like 1 per dot of the power (but just 1 flat may work better (not sure how they would balance)).

Either way, psiad or Mesmerist, you can't really go wrong. I think that I like the Psiad flavor better personally, but it may take some work to get it just right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
                        I'd stick to mesmerists, and make Yoda an exception.
                        That's sound. But they'd have more inspiration points than a normal Mesmerist.

Comment

Originally posted by econclark View Post
                          Mateus Luz

I agree and that makes sense. You could also "replace" certain powers from the modes (the ones that don't make sense) with Mesmerist powers that fit the general theme and traditional Jedi powers. I would personally like 1 per dot of the power (but just 1 flat may work better (not sure how they would balance)).

Either way, psiad or Mesmerist, you can't really go wrong. I think that I like the Psiad flavor better personally, but it may take some work to get it just right.
                          I agree on that. Psiads have a series of advantages that would fit great in the Jedi archetype, while Mesmerists would not fit on the frequency and power some Jedi use the force, but it’s easier to fix the amount of inspiration than adapting the modes you need to reach that. Maybe you can make some gifts to make it cheaper to use gifts of certain aspects or increase the scale of a specific gift.

Something to work on.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

My response is to take the Stalwart and Mesmerist Gift tree and create a variant one from both that takes the skills one needs. This might mostly be Mesmerist yeah but there are some Stalwart stuff there as well, for example the paragon of humanity gift that gives scale. Its a bit of a time project but I totally could work.

I also say keep Talents as is because in Star Wars talents are what people like Han Solo totally are.

Comment

Originally posted by LordHeru View Post
                              My response is to take the Stalwart and Mesmerist Gift tree and create a variant one from both that takes the skills one needs. This might mostly be Mesmerist yeah but there are some Stalwart stuff there as well, for example the paragon of humanity gift that gives scale. Its a bit of a time project but I totally could work.

I also say keep Talents as is because in Star Wars talents are what people like Han Solo totally are.
                              Speaking in first edition Adventure! speak, Han Solo is a Daredevil like Indiana Jones. ;-)

In first edition Adventure! characters had 13 inspiration points. For Jedi I think 30 inspiration points sounds right to me. More powerful than normal Inspired PCs but only around the power level of the weakest Novas.

Comment

Working...
                              X