[Aberrant] Fame and Mega Presence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Aberrant] Fame and Mega Presence

Mega Presence gives novas "The benefits of dots in the Fame Edge (Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook, p. 61) equal to the Mega-Presence dots."

But fame goes from 1 to 3.

What happens when you raise Mega Presence to 4?

Could Aberrant have higher levels of fame? You get enhanced edges?

I would go for Fame in a certain field. Fame is a edge that may be bought many times for different fields, so you could be afamou among celebrities or among scientists, or among military. Higher fame values may expand this field or the area where the nova is known, but it’s still kind of focused.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

The issue with that is that Fame 3 is pretty explicitly worldwide, household name, level celebrity, making other categories a bit superfluous. You can do it as a House Rule, but I don't know what Fame 3 even means in that case.

Personally, I simplified Mega-Presence to work more like Mega-Manipulation, Mega-Intellect, and Mega-Composure: Instead of the current rules on granting Fame for each level then Followers at 5+, the first dot gives a level of Fame and each dot after that gives you one dot of either Fame or Followers, your choice.

It's simple and straightforward and allows for high Mega-Presence cult leaders who aren't household names (the Apostle of the Teragen would fall into that category, for example). This is obviously a House rule but I think it's a good one.

Comment

Fame 3 basically break the idea of the previously 2 dots, but I would keep it focused in a field, even if more generically known, let’s say Einstein has fame 3 among physics students, so people know him in general but have little knowledge of why, it’s more like a example of smart person than anything else.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

[QUOTE=Vjornin;n1456891]

/QUOTE]

Then you become well known on other human worlds in space, then among alien species.

Think of it as a future-proofed advantage for settings where those benefits might apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Vjornin View Post
            you "only" get Leadership +Scale 4* (that is, Scale 5!!!) while rolling/using the Presence Attribute.

*EDIT: thank you Deadmanwalking, just fixed the number!
            Last edited by Timecrafter; 08-16-2021, 04:31 PM. Reason: fixed the numbers. :-]

Comment

Originally posted by Timecrafter View Post
              you "only" get Leadership Scale 4 (!!!) while rolling/using the Presence Attribute.
              Scale 5 actually, since you have Scale 1 even without Mega-Presence.

But it's still weird that Mega-Manipulation always gives a point in an Edge and Mega-Presence is weirdly inconsistent on that score. The two are otherwise equivalent in every way.

Comment

Working...
              X