Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Films and TV Shows to inspire Trinity Aeon - Suggestions

Hi all,

I'm doing a deep dive into Trinity Aeon to prepare for an upcoming campaign I'm running. I'm putting together a film or TV show watch list to get some inspiration. I'm looking for suggestions. Any would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Drumheller

Organizer for the Dead Gamers Society: The So Cal World of Darkness Meetup. http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/

not a show, but may be helpful. It's my pinterest for Aeon; I collect images since 1st edition. (the really ugly ones are Aberrants :P)

https://br.pinterest.com/frankmalcher/ref-aeon-trinity/

Comment

Originally posted by Drumheller View Post
      Hi all,

I'm doing a deep dive into Trinity Aeon to prepare for an upcoming campaign I'm running. I'm putting together a film or TV show watch list to get some inspiration. I'm looking for suggestions. Any would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Drumheller
      Page 19 has a list of inspirational media which should get you on the right page.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

Page 19 has a list of inspirational media which should get you on the right page.

Yep, I read that. It's a good list.

Organizer for the Dead Gamers Society: The So Cal World of Darkness Meetup. http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/

Comment

Earth: Final Conflict has some biotech, and while the aliens are much more in the forefront than in Aeon, they could be used as the template for a seemingly benevolent race to meet.

Comment

It's a bit obscure, but there's a BBC serial "Outcasts" that ran for eight episodes. Distant, marginally-habitable alien planet with a small human (and slightly genetically-enhanced human) population cut off from an evidently devastated Earth. This might work as inspiration for a small colony shortly after the Upeo book it.

Comment

Astra: Lost in Space (2019) - A sci fi anime in which a group of high school students in a future space-faring go on a school trip and end up sucked through a worm hole to an area beyond known space and now have to find their way home.

The Fifth Element (1997) - A visually beautiful and fun to watch French made sci fi action film with locations that run the gamut from working class urban apartments and middle of nowhere archaeological digs to high tech labs and ultra-lux space cruise liners.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Although the second season was silly, but charming, Space Opera (how could you not like Maya?) and the first season was one of the last gasps of the British Scientific Romance, Space 1999, in spite of the lousy science, has elements that can be used.

The very 1970s take on the future is visually distinctive. It gives unfamiliar alternatives for visual models. Some of the ideas that drive the plots are pretty good. The execution of the scripts is often poor, but the cast where almost all troopers. But the more exotic plot elements of the first season of Space 1999 do fit Trinity even if the show itself doesn't seem to.

Comment

Working...
                X