TC Anima Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Anima Kickstarter

By Onyx Pathcast Episode 172: Inspiration And Tasty Bits, TC Anima Kickstarter will be after current one ( W20 The Apocalyptic Record ) so in 1 to 3 months from now! ( My educated guess, based on previous KS paterns of Onyx Path ). So Kickstarter topic is in order. 😎

I remind you that TC Anima will be cyberpunk setting, set in 2080's, where characters will switch between real world and virtual fantasy MMO.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Oh man I was hoping for Exalted' Exigents. Guess I'll have to fight TC fans to the death :/ /jk

Comment

Awesome 😊😊😊. I’m looking forward to Anima.

Comment

To be clear, Eddy said (at about 5:20 into the episode): "It happens after the one we've already announced, which is Werewolf Apocalyptic Records. So it will happen at some point after that."

That doesn't mean it'll be the Kickstarter directly following Apocalyptic Records. It just means that we're going to be doing an Anima Kickstarter, our next KS is Apocalyptic Records, so the Anima Kickstarter will follow AR at some point. It might be immediately after AR. It might be sometime next year. It might be after Exigents.

Please be patient.

Ian A. A. Watson
        Onyx Path Community Manager
        Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Too bad, it was completely hypad!!

Comment

Trinity #Anima Kickstarter is starting on November 18th! Here's how the creators sum up what it is! (Sounds like more digestible postpunk, to me )

What is Trinity Continuum: Anima?
            * A brand-new Trinity Continuum game. Unlike TC: Æon, TC: Aberrant, and TC: Adventure!, this isn’t the second edition of a previously made game. This is a completely new setting in the year 2084, sitting between TC: Æon and TC: Aberrant.
            * A new take on cyberpunk. Unlike a hundred gritty, worn-down cyberpunk dystopias, the city of Cascade is shiny and new. Characters will still fight a fascist government and unethical corporations, but they do so in a gleaming city full of potential and hope.
            * A video game in an RPG. This isn’t just a tabletop adaptation of a popular video game; this is a new system that allows the characters of TC: Anima to themselves play in a fully immersive MMO. The rules are designed to make the experience feel like playing in a video game.
            * A modern take on cyberware. No loss of “humanity” or “essence” happens in TC: Anima. Nearly every character has cyberware, either as a brain implant or as assistive devices after a devastating war. Using cyberware doesn’t make you less of a person, but it does open new dramatic possibilities.
            * A mystery you can dig into right away. Streamers of the popular video game Terra Surge are disappearing. Why? That question is something that can draw the player characters in immediately, or Storyguides can focus on other parts of the setting to create their own conflicts and intrigues.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-10-2021, 04:36 AM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

So now I read proper Kickstarter preview of the game, I have some questions...

Is OpNet really 'new Internet EVERYWHERE'?

I understand it's wireless - and with GLASS or neural helmet you can literally sense it - very much like Metaverse planned by real Microsoft and (former) Facebook. ( Links about metaverse plans here and here ) But the limitations of nowadays ubernetwork is you need devices for it - without cables and transit stations, you cannot have network. Just like my parents live on the suburbs and there is simply lack of infrastructure to have stable. fast network.

How it is with OpNet? Can I operate literally everywhere and always?
              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-21-2021, 03:22 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

AFAIK, yes. I mean, there is some delay but you even have it on the moon. This is not the real world. This is a world that had people with intelligence that designed things that could defied and redefined physics. They made the OpNet accessible everywhere.

Comment

OpNet is not everywhere or entirely wireless, it was a big revolution in the way internet works during Nova Era, much like hyperfusion. How it works and what is the difference? Have no idea, but it works as internet but faster and with less issues in general. You don’t need a computer on you to use it, you can use it like you use internet today, but using glass or the proper gear, you can access the expanded reality, with advertisements, information and everything else, while walking around the city. You can also jump into full virtual reality, and that’s where TerraSurge exists.

Most places have a system that manage to distribute opnet signal all around, like a cross between WiFi and Cellphone signals, and entirely free. It covers almost everywhere, but you may have issues in places like caves and the middle of the jungle in Earth.

The Moon have a lesser coverage, but all the places that matter (where people live) are covered. If you go for a moon walk, and walk long enough you may find yourself without signal. The opnet system in the moon is independent of Earth (and each planet will have it too eventually), but they communicate, so you can get data from all around the universe, yet it is limited by light speed, so there is a big lag in the moon when accessing earth (about 1 sec) (that’s why they put a server of TerraSurge in Luna).

Aeon, page 31, describe how it works in 2120s but it must be not much different from 2080s.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                  Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                  Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

But OpNet is the full scences immersion? Like in Caprica series virtual reality - or Matrix simulation? When using GLASS or neural helmet you FEEL you are inside the place you are in network? So it is the practical on what idea of metaverse is?

LGBT+ through Ages
                    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

No, Opnet is just the internet. There are several “protocols” people navigate in the OpNet, one is regular file sharing, one is expanded reality and another is full virtual reality.

As far as I am aware, there is no reference for a Caprica like virtual reality connecting the various games, in other words, you don’t break a firewall in virtual reality to access the companies secret files. Virtual realities are the several games, vids and simulations available in the OpNet, but the OpNet is not a virtual reality.

Similarly you don’t have access to a robot programming using expanded reality, at least not as a standard. You need to access it system, not the expanded reality related to the robot. Sure, you may have equipments interacting to you using expanded reality, but it is not a “system access”, it is a optional interaction.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                      Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                      Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Man... the thought there would need to still be LGBTQ specific teen shelters in the 2080s is deeply depressing (since the reason such shelters need to exist is family bigotry making that a disproportionately huge chunk of the homeless youth population), but given that the FSA is a fascist state, and after a catastrophe like the Aberrant War I'm sure they're doing what fascists do and aggressively promoting repopulation, which leads to bigotry against the non-cisheteronormative, I suppose that unfortunately makes sense.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Working...
                        X