Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new paths, edges, and powers etc. have you created for your games?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new paths, edges, and powers etc. have you created for your games?

Just curious as to the new stuff people have created for their own games and such, especially for Aberrant. Also interested to hear about new bonds, skill tricks, enhanced edges, mega-edges, tags, and anything else you created.

• Shepherdboi
    replied
    Originally posted by Planguy View Post
    I was thinking of a Gift that allows you to apply the Unconscious condition to people to represent how in action movies you can easily knock people out with a hit to the head, but I wasn't sure how to make it not over or underpowered. Something like a stealth takedown move that automatically knocks an opponent unconscious for a few hours, enough time to pull off a mission. And the unconsciousness works on movies rules, with the person who suffers the unconsciousness not risking brain damage.
    Adventure! has the Dead to Rights Gift, which lets you instantly render a target Taken Out, but has some pretty steep requirements and drawbacks. The core book has the Shoot to Injure Skill Trick, which does the same thing without any real drawback.

Leave a comment:

• Planguy
    replied
    I was thinking of a Gift that allows you to apply the Unconscious condition to people to represent how in action movies you can easily knock people out with a hit to the head, but I wasn't sure how to make it not over or underpowered. Something like a stealth takedown move that automatically knocks an opponent unconscious for a few hours, enough time to pull off a mission. And the unconsciousness works on movies rules, with the person who suffers the unconsciousness not risking brain damage.

Leave a comment:

• Deadmanwalking
    replied
    I realized literally the only obstacle to playing a 'psychic' Nova was the lack of a 'telepathic communication' power to speak to non-Novas (which is explicitly mentioned as possible in a sidebar)...so I added a Mega-Edge for that:

Quantum Communication (O):
    Prerequisite: Mega-Cunning 1+

This Edge works identically to Telecommunication, but allows for communicating with baselines as if they were Novas, does not allow communicating with machines, and uses anEmpathy + Quantum roll rather than Technology + Quantum.

I also added, as I mentioned in a separate thread, a Technique equivalent Mega-Edge for Mega-Attributes to make the primarily Mega-attribute based Nova more viable:

Polymath (O – OOOOO):
    Prerequisites: Quantum equal to dots, one Mega-Attribute at 2+

Select one Mega-Attribute. For every dot they take in this Edge the Nova receives additional dots in a combination of Mega-Attributes and Mega-Edges equal to that Mega-Attribute's rating. These points may not be used to purchase the Technique or Q-Tech Mega-Edges or to increase any Mega-Attribute or Mega-Edge above the rating of the original Mega-Attribute. A character may only ever have this Edge once, though if another Mega-Attribute ever equals their rating in the Mega-Attribute it effects, they may switch it to be based on that Mega-Attribute instead.
    Last edited by Deadmanwalking; 11-23-2021, 01:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• stanlemon
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeonstorm View Post
    Question since its said that they don't really know much about novas physiology how were they able to make most of these drugs?
    My guess would be a lot of pharmaceutical experimentation. They don't necessarily need to know the specifics of how something works as long as they are able to test consistent effects. It's kind of scary how much the real world pharmaceutical industry doesn't know why some drugs work the way they do but because they have consistent and reliable results they are used anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherdboi
    replied
    Originally posted by Aeonstorm View Post
    I'm curious about the write ups on the aberrant drugs as they are only briefly mentioned in the book and I haven't been able to see any rules for how they work.

Mite - nova derived steroid For baselines
    Soma - nova derived drug that from I remember gives taste of quantum powers but has a really high chance of killing baselines
    Adrenocillin - a drug that helps novas control their powers
    Mox (can't remember full name) - suppress or makes it harder for Moves to use their powers
    eclipsidol - not sure if this exists or is mentioned in New edition but basically cause a nova to empty their quantum energy in a uncontrolled and typically destructive manner and stops them recovering quantum and using active powers For a short duration usually a few minutes, in first edition having the node background the duration the drug affects the nova much shorter. Though in my opinion it's a stupid drug because if your close enough to use it on a nova your unlikely to survive the effect it has on them it's basically triggering a nuke while standing in front of it.I
    The N!WE supplement gives rules for Mox and Adrenocillin on page 25. Currently (there may be changes before the PDF is finalized), Mox lowers your Quantum rating while upping your Difficulties and Flux generation. Adrenocillin ups your Quantum rating, but drains Quantum points and causes withdrawal when it runs out. I won't go into specific numbers, since that disincentivizes people from buying the book.

Leave a comment:

• Aeonstorm
    replied
    I'm curious about the write ups on the aberrant drugs as they are only briefly mentioned in the book and I haven't been able to see any rules for how they work.

Mite - nova derived steroid For baselines
    Soma - nova derived drug that from I remember gives taste of quantum powers but has a really high chance of killing baselines
    Adrenocillin - a drug that helps novas control their powers
    Mox (can't remember full name) - suppress or makes it harder for Moves to use their powers
    eclipsidol - not sure if this exists or is mentioned in New edition but basically cause a nova to empty their quantum energy in a uncontrolled and typically destructive manner and stops them recovering quantum and using active powers For a short duration usually a few minutes, in first edition having the node background the duration the drug affects the nova much shorter. Though in my opinion it's a stupid drug because if your close enough to use it on a nova your unlikely to survive the effect it has on them it's basically triggering a nuke while standing in front of it.I

Question since its said that they don't really know much about novas physiology how were they able to make most of these drugs?

In addition considering they got rid of the innate constitution/metabolism of novas I'm not sure how they plan to do the drug ratings For how they interact with baselines and novas.

For me when it comes powers and edges I tend to convert stuff from first edition aberrant and some of the player written content if I can't find any examples in the new books. But the new aberrant power rules are pretty flexible to make whatever you want. I mean you can just use first edition and player content as inspiration and make the new powers with the new system. I mean you can make mega edges versions of appearance alteration and ying yang enhancements from the new morph power. I'm not sure off the top of my head but altering morph with some tags and making it into a mega edge like appearance alteration isn't too hard it's basically weakening morph in some ways while also making it a permanent effect in others.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherdboi
    replied
    I figure an interesting negative power tag would be one that generates a point of Flux every time you activate the associated power. I'd make it a -2 Tag since this really limits how often you can use the associated power, although it is thematically appropriate for a charged Technique super-move.

Leave a comment:

• Archasimos
    replied
    I also made a few sample vehicles (armored limo, tank, and a jet fighter) using the recommended Aeon’s wealth +1 tags.

Novastolo Armored Limo

Tags

Armor: 3 (3 points of Soft and Hard Armor)

Anti-theft: 1 (to steal or operate without proper bio-signatures or access is a +2 Complication)

Massive: 1 (+1 Size and Durability Scales, and +1 Condition box)

Sluggish: -1

Wheeled: 0

Total: 4

Wealth Cost: 3

Stats

Durability Scale: 2 (+1 Soft Armor)

Size Scale: 2 (+2 Condition box)

Speed Scale: 2

Soft Armor: 4

Hard Armor: 3

Injury Conditions: 5

Tank

Tags

Armor: 3 (3 points of Soft and Hard Armor)

Crew Required: -2

Fast: 1

Massive: 2

Military: 1 (Weaponry 2 Free, The vehicle’s weapons have the Ranged tag and a number of other tags equaling at least 1 less than the cost of the vehicle.)

Restricted: 0

Sluggish: -1

Treads: 1

Total: 5

Cost: 4

Stats

Durability Scale: 3 (+2 Soft Armor)

Size Scale: 3 (+3 Condition box.)

Weapon: (Ranged, Scale 3, plus tags equal to cost -1)

Cannon: Scale 4 (Brutal, Deadly, Destructive 2, Heavy Weapon 1, Piercing 1, Ranged, Tactical Sight 1)

Soft Armor: 5

Hard Armor: 3

Injury Conditions: 6

Jet Fighter

Tags

Complex: 0 (people without training suffer a +1 Complication when operating it. The vehicle also increases its Size by +1.)

Fast: 4

Flight Systems: 0

Massive: 1 (+1 Size and Durability Scales, and +1 Condition box)

Military: 1 (Weaponry 2 Free, The vehicle’s weapons have the Ranged tag and a number of other tags equaling at least 1 less than the cost of the vehicle.)

Restricted: 0

Total: 6

Cost: 5

Stats

Durability Scale: 3 (+2 Soft Armor)

Size Scale: 3 (+3 Condition box)

Speed Scale: 6

Weapon: Machine Guns, Missiles

Soft Armor: 2

Hard Armor: 0

Injury Conditions: 3
    Last edited by Archasimos; 11-21-2021, 05:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Archasimos
    replied
    A new negative power tag my group is trying out.

Reckless Power/Ruinous (-1 to -3)
    Each application of this tag increases the amount added to the collateral pool by one every time this power is used.

Leave a comment:

• Florin
    replied
    Yeah, I think the big path missing out of Aberrant is the non-Project-Utopia super. Yours looks good, stanlemon

Leave a comment:

• stanlemon
    replied
    A bit of a freeform Path for Aberrant

The Cape (Society)

Not all heroes are part of Project Utopia. You could be a solo hero working as a city defender or part of a larger super team with a larger responsibilities than a single city. A cape could be focused on crises intervention or work with authorities to stop criminal activity or be as simple as patrolling around and helping where they can. The cape focuses on being a symbol who helps and acts as a role model to inspire others to do good. From helping an old lady cross the street to stopping terrorist plots people know they can depend on them.

Example Connections: Government Officials, Police Officers, Fan Groups, First Responders, Thankful Civilians

Skills: Generally Athletics, Close Combat, Integrity, and Persuasion though these Skills are encouraged to be modified to fit the Cape's concept

Edges: Adrenaline Spike**, Alternate Identity**, Any One Style Edge***, Big Hearted*, Danger Sense*, Fame*** (or Covert***), Iron Will***
    Last edited by stanlemon; 09-19-2021, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MythAdvocate
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

You’re 2 dots short on Edges.
    Oh! Fixed.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MythAdvocate; 09-19-2021, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bunyip
    replied
    Originally posted by MythAdvocate View Post
    …snip…
    You’re 2 dots short on Edges.

Leave a comment:

• MythAdvocate
    replied
    Just yesterday I posted a new Society Path over at my blog. This is for my "Heroic Age" campaign setting.

SHIKISHIMA HEAVY INDUSTRIES (Society)
    AKA: Iron Man Industries
    Motto: Super Robot Go!
    Formed: July 8, 1956
    Type: Public
    Headquarters: Nagoya Japan
    Executives: Makiko Shikishima (President & CEO), Shotaro Kaneda (Mecha Division)
    ---------------------------------
    Path Concepts: Action Hero, Kaiju Hunter, Kid, Mecha Pilot, Science Hero, Super Soldier, Unfazed Everyman,
    Connections: Curious Bystander, Cryptozoologist, Mad Scientist, Mentor,
    Skills: Aim, Control, Science, Technology
    Edges: Always Prepared (•), Artifact (Hypertech) (• to •••••), Fame (• to •••), Ms Fix It (••), Patron (• to •••), Weak Spots (•)
    Gifts: Skill (Control, Science, Technology)

Shikishima Heavy Industries is a Japanese industrial Conglomerate that is very active in the realms of Super-Science and in Superhero related technology. It operates in various fields, including aerospace, the chemical industry, FLUX energy, industrial machinery, IT, robotics, weapons, trade, and construction. Shikishima Heavy Industries has become famous on the world stage thanks to their giant robot Tetsujin 28 (aka Iron Man #28, Gigantor), whose battles against the many Kaiju that emerge from the Pacific and deep space have saved many lives. Now, the company has a large contract with the U.N. concerning the development of kaiju countermeasures, with a focus on rapid response and deployment of robot warriors. Shikishima Heavy Industries employs all sorts of extraordinary individuals, including many Talents and other Inspired persons when they can find them.
    Characters working for Shikishima Heavy Industries can be expected to be sent on missions all over the world, seeking out and opposing the efforts of any number of supervillains and terrorist groups. Most notable will be those agents who are paired with one of the companies’ robotic suits (see below) and sent against Kaiju, and enemy robots. Such battles are sure to receive public attention, as such battles are very popular around the world.

For more information and additional material, see here.
    Last edited by MythAdvocate; 09-19-2021, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X