Trinity Continuum: Assassins previews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Continuum: Assassins previews

Beginning with Part 1, lore about the Shadow, the hidden world of the Assassins (think of it as like one of the WoD/CofD Masquerades).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Onyx Path have started to share previews about TC Assasins book/modern subsetting - looking from Saints & Monsters series of previews, we will get probably one each week.

Here is the 1st one... Entering The Shadow: Becoming An Assassin

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The interesting thing about being referred to as the Shadow 'layer' is REALLY The Flux sources themselves, there are 'unknown data' for normal people - and also that we know Flux manipulations from sources and times. They like to collect archaic items in themselves...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Oh my, this is interesting.

Where does this rabbit hole begin from? Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook?

MtAw Homebrew:
        Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
        New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
          Oh my, this is interesting.

Where does this rabbit hole begin from? Trinity Continuum Core Rulebook?
          Yes. That is all you need before Assassins book.

There are a few other books you may like, but not need to play

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Sounds good. Looking forward to see more.

Looks like a John Wick campaign is fully possible.

Comment

This sounds really neat. I especially like the concept of Shadow, as it seems to open up the possibility of a whole host of potential "alternate genre realities" running around in the world, like Scott Pilgrim style music/video game battles, Roger Rabbit Toon Towns, X-Files alien conspiracies, or "computers are magic" hackers, with none of them tripping over each other.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

The idea I really want a preview is the Masteries. I want to know how they work and how they are seen by Assassin. If they are like gifts, that are more like a thing they can do but not sure how nor why it works, or if they are something like a power that they train to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
                  The idea I really want a preview is the Masteries. I want to know how they work and how they are seen by Assassin. If they are like gifts, that are more like a thing they can do but not sure how nor why it works, or if they are something like a power that they train to learn.
                  That depends. Do you see curving a bullet as a specialized skill, or is it a special power?

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager
                  Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

That depends. Do you see curving a bullet as a specialized skill, or is it a special power?
                    I was going to say that I was guessing John Wyck and Wanted were going to be big influences on this. I presume stuff like Nobody, Leon: The Professional, La Femme Nikita, The Replacement Killers, Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai, Hanna, and Columbiana as well.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Neall pitched Assassins after binging John Wick and the Hitman games.

In addition to those, my own touchstones are La Femme Nikita (and its many different adaptions), Wanted, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Salt (the Angelina Jolie trilogy), and Assassin's Creed.

Co-devs Monica Speca and Violet Green also include Dishonored, Metal Gear Solid, Atomic Blonde, Gunpowder Milkshake, Alias, Human Target, and Treadstone among their inspirations.

But of course, it's not limited to those. The assassin/spy genre is a big one with lots of sources to pull from.

Ian A. A. Watson
                      Onyx Path Community Manager
                      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

That is an interesting question… Curving Bullet is a gift as I see, but it’s one that would be practiced and consciously used, so yes, it’s kind of a change in my expectations (and made me read again many gifts, so I understand what you mean).

Comment

Might I add Sakamoto Days to the recommended titles.

It is a comedic action manga that has a retired hitman running a minimart with his family, a secret science lab under a museum that accidentally made a kid a mind-reader, a pseudo-Blockbuster information broker firm that sells its info in movie format, and more.
                          It started last year and is still in its early days with only 40 chapter out right now - perfect to catch up on quick.

Comment

That depends. Do you see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1d4BewyhlI"]curving a bullet[/URL] as a specialized skill, or is it a special power?
                            I see curving a bullet as more of a power than a skill.

Comment

It appears, from this first snippet, Assassins fits under the umbrella of the Trinity Continuum rules, but doesn't necessarily have to be part of the same Adventure! -> Aberrant -> Aeon setting/storyline. I like this...a LOT. Not saying I don't like the Classic Trilogy of games...but expanding Storypath & the Trinity core rules beyond that Trilogy is an amazing step!

Comment

Working...
                              X