No announcement yet.

Trinity Continuum: Assassins previews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It essentially is. From what I'm seeing, it has about as much in common with the core book's setting as Changeling: the Dreaming has with Hunter: the Reckoning. Poor maybe a better comparison would be to Dragon or Masks of the Mythos. It's technically in the same world at the same time; but it's expressly cordoned off as its own thing.

Comment

I brought this up on the Discord but, here is my take:
      So, Masteries seem to be a form of DE. But they also seem to be a result of being a part of a Society. What this is shaping up is that Assassins points to how collective belief can influence the world. That is what is hidden in the subtext of what they have released thus far. Or, at least what I have read from the information released. I think that is what would keep an Assassin from tapping into the Talent based Gifts. See, an Assassin believes in a closed system. "My Society teaches me these Masteries." And a Talent is more open "Wow, I did not know that I could leap from this tall building and survive. I guess I was just lucky."

Comment

My interpretation of masteries is that they are the result of what happens when a Talent finally becomes aware of their power, and I don't mean just from a rational point of view, but also from an emotional and spiritual way. How they understand that power depends on each talent's beliefs, the only thing they have in common is that they are now the "masters" of flux and not just accidental users. It's the kind of evolution I wanted to see in talents and I hope they keep expanding the system for other settings.

Comment

thedonnie Firanai both of your interpretations make sense

Comment

I wonder if the Masteries system would work for representing Wuxia in the game. Not these Masteries of course, but the mechanical framework.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I'm irrationally excited to see this come to print, whether by Kickstarter or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Navah View Post
                I'm irrationally excited to see this come to print, whether by Kickstarter or otherwise.
                Me too 😊..

Comment

Here's hoping we get some sort of Assassins add-on for the Anima Kickstarter

Comment

I'd be surprised since Assassins isn't as far along.

Comment

Ian said that it is doubtful that Assassins will be out within '21.

Comment

I am totally cool if it ships/delivers with the rest of the Anima content.

Comment

I would also recommend "The Way of the House Husband" for a more comedic inspiration for an Assassins game. It's a manga about a former Yakuza who retires and gets married. He uses his various skills from being a criminal to be the perfect stay at home spouse to his business woman wife, including monologues about honer among thieves while dealing with supermarket sales and cooking duels with rival gang members to see whose dish gets more likes on social media.

And for a weirder inspiration go with Hit Monkey from Marvel. Its about a monkey that becomes a hit man after his tribe is killed. Not a super science monkey or anything just a monkey. I would run it as a Talented Monkey, which opens up all sorts of possibility's.

Comment

Working...
                          X