Trinity Continuum: Anima previews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trinity Continuum: Anima previews

We got first TC: Anima cyberpunk setting real preview - Introduction video for the new citizens in Cascades...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Creepy, and so very cool

Comment

yesssss...very enjoyable, can feel the hype.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Dixie Cochran becomes Anima world 'youtuber' that talks news about Terra Surge MMO of this world...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Trinity Anima Kickstarter is starting on November 18th! Here's how the creators sum up what he is! (Sounds like more digestible postpunk, even )

What is Trinity Continuum: Anima?
          * A brand-new Trinity Continuum game. Unlike TC: Æon, TC: Aberrant, and TC: Adventure!, this isn’t the second edition of a previously made game. This is a completely new setting in the year 2084, sitting between TC: Æon and TC: Aberrant.
          * A new take on cyberpunk. Unlike a hundred gritty, worn-down cyberpunk dystopias, the city of Cascade is shiny and new. Characters will still fight a fascist government and unethical corporations, but they do so in a gleaming city full of potential and hope.
          * A video game in an RPG. This isn’t just a tabletop adaptation of a popular video game; this is a new system that allows the characters of TC: Anima to themselves play in a fully immersive MMO. The rules are designed to make the experience feel like playing in a video game.
          * A modern take on cyberware. No loss of “humanity” or “essence” happens in TC: Anima. Nearly every character has cyberware, either as a brain implant or as assistive devices after a devastating war. Using cyberware doesn’t make you less of a person, but it does open new dramatic possibilities.
          * A mystery you can dig into right away. Streamers of the popular video game Terra Surge are disappearing. Why? That question is something that can draw the player characters in immediately, or Storyguides can focus on other parts of the setting to create their own conflicts and intrigues.

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Anima sounds so cool! Can't wait to see what powers Anima PCs can have.

Comment

Huh. Is this going to be like Orpheus in the old world of darkness? Like a game that is kind of like a miniseries with a really focused story line? I mean according to the timeline in 2086 the Shanghai Accords probably results in Terra Surge and the Glass implant getting outlawed. I'm guessing the player characters of Anima end up taking the whole thing down?

Seems like an interesting idea but fairly limited in scope. Not really the galaxy spanning adventure you can take part in Aeon.

Is there going to be alternate future possibilities presented in the book that discuss what might result if brain implants and immersive mmo's like presented in the Anima setting remain common place and accessible to people?

Comment

Anima Actual Play has something like Aeon Covenant - I suspect it's foundation for proper Aeon in TC Aeon setting, made up from Allegiances after Aberrant? Can someone explain this to me?

First info are in 30 seconds of video, so just play it.
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-09-2021, 05:24 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by Planguy View Post
                  Is there going to be alternate future possibilities presented in the book that discuss what might result if brain implants and immersive mmo's like presented in the Anima setting remain common place and accessible to people?
                  Every single era book about Trinity can fork off on it's own possible future.

If you want your game to never end and keep playing Anima forever even into the far future, you can.

The timeline in any book is a guideline but not immutable and untouchable.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueMrMultiverse View Post
                    Anima sounds so cool! Can't wait to see what powers Anima PCs can have.
                    Cybernetics, including the Glass that allows for direct brain interface with the MMO.

Comment

The Anima setting is limited to Cascades an the FSA or we will have an ambientation that includes all the world?

Comment

Originally posted by thedonnie View Post

Every single era book about Trinity can fork off on it's own possible future.

If you want your game to never end and keep playing Anima forever even into the far future, you can.

The timeline in any book is a guideline but not immutable and untouchable.

Yeah I know that is an explicit part of the setting this time around, what with the whole continuum concept. I was asking if they actually had some scenario examples for different possible futures rather then the Trinity base timeline.

Comment

While brain interactive implants are forbidden later in the timeline, there are versions that are not implants, regular gloves and glasses, and possibly a suit (like Player One Read stuff).

Also, as many cyberpunk, it becoming illegal also brings some story to the table: will you remove it? Are Aberrants going through your brain thanks to the implant? It has advantages and disadvantages. If the idea is to follow the timeline to Aeon, it would be an interesting game.

Now, on the other question, Anima is largely focused in Cascade and the virtual reality, but I think they will talk about the rest of the world.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Originally posted by Planguy View Post
                            Huh. Is this going to be like Orpheus in the old world of darkness? Like a game that is kind of like a miniseries with a really focused story line?
                            Like every TC game line, we'll have as many supplements as we think we can fund and get away with. Other game lines thus far had 20+ years of support from an existing fanbase, so they were comparatively an easy sell. Anima is new, so the degree of support will depend on how well it performs.

I mean according to the timeline in 2086 the Shanghai Accords probably results in Terra Surge and the Glass implant getting outlawed. I'm guessing the player characters of Anima end up taking the whole thing down?
                            I have previously strongly suggested that the events of Anima are what leads to the Shanghai Accords. How that plays out (or not) is up to you.

Seems like an interesting idea but fairly limited in scope. Not really the galaxy spanning adventure you can take part in Aeon.
                            Well, we already have a galaxy-spanning game, which is Æon. If that's what you want, it's already there. The whole point of having different genres for each game line in the Continuum is that we can do different things with them. A lot of cyberpunk games and settings are focused on the event of a single city. That doesn't mean that there aren't endless stories to tell. Blade Runner's LA, Altered Carbon's Bay City, Remember Me's Neo-Paris, the City of Mirror's Edge, Ghost in the Shell's Niihama.

Alternate futures are a common element of the Setting Secrets appendix at the end of each Trinity Continuum rulebook.
                            Last edited by IanWatson; 11-10-2021, 12:43 AM.

Ian A. A. Watson
                            Onyx Path Community Manager
                            Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post
                              Alternate futures are a common element of the Setting Secrets appendix at the end of each Trinity Continuum rulebook.
                              Nice. I really liked the setting secrets in Aeon.

Comment

Working...
                              X