Trinity Continuum: Assassins Pre-Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Okay; so from the description of Masteries, it looks kind of like Assassins are a “step up” from Talents, in that their Masteries actually let them do impossible things, like bending bullet trajectories. On the other hand, that's why we have the Daylight/Twilight/Shadow divide: so that the impossible things that Assassins can do don't end up making the news and becoming public knowledge.

Also, I really like the Flashbacks take on Dramatic Editing. I forget the name of the Mega-Edge in TC:Ab that gives Mega-Intelligent Novas access to DE; but it had to do with always being prepared; and I would explicitly “limit” it to Flashbacks — not that that's much of a limitation.
    they are more powerful than Talents AT WHAT THEY DO, but Masteries are a lot more thematically focused than Gifts, so I think there’s a definite trade-off in play rather than Assassins being objectively a step up.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Just asking:

Of course Assassins, like Continuum, is set in the present. But let's just assume that Assassins would be slightly shifted historically: In which era would it fit best?

When I think about it, I always get stuck in the 1960s. The Cold War, Mafia disputes, social unrest, etc. certainly provide many opportunities for skilful assassination. Moreover, the historical epoch makes the Society of Leonidas' mission to retrieve stolen artefacts from Nazis much more fun. In the 1960s, quite a few of the Nazis in question may still be alive and active. In contrast to today, where the few remaining Nazi war criminals are now between 90 and 100 years old and suddenly shouting "Boo!" loudly is enough for a successful assassination.

I think the only thing that would have to be changed would be the origin story of "The Swarm". But then the group was created in the Japanese post-war turmoil and not in the Japanese economic crisis turmoil.

Comment

I personally would go for a Victorian age assassins or maybe a 1930s, to get the Noir feeling both periods may have.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Revision 3 PDF preview, a 173 page document, is 'final' version of preview? No new PDF revisions will be on Pre-Order?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

This is the full length of the current manuscript. The final manuscript will be longer if for no other reason than added art and formatting. I wouldn’t be surprised if preorderers got a preview of the final manuscript before it’s release during an errata phase, but I have no knowledge of that.
            Last edited by glamourweaver; 01-03-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
              This is the full length of the current manuscript. The final manuscript is I’ll be longer if for no other reason than added art and formatting. I wouldn’t be surprised if preordered got a preview of the final manuscript before it’s release during an errata phase, but I have no knowledge of that.

The DriveThruRPG page specifically says "Pre-order customers will get the first look at the complete Trinity Continuum: Assassins PDF. "

Ian A. A. Watson
              Onyx Path Community Manager
              Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Just a quick request, any chance that Trinity gets some sub divisions in its folder so we can separate the sub lines.

Comment

Originally posted by videopete View Post
                  Just a quick request, any chance that Trinity gets some sub divisions in its folder so we can separate the sub lines.

We cannot change the forum structure at this time.

Ian A. A. Watson
                  Onyx Path Community Manager
                  Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Originally posted by IanWatson View Post

We cannot change the forum structure at this time.
                    I was also referring to the Drive thru rpg store as well, sorry vague, I had just gotten off work.

Comment

I’m trying to get the exact differences between Leshi and Polyphemus’ Visitor. Does the latter actually deceive people who know you personally?

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        I’m trying to get the exact differences between Leshi and Polyphemus’ Visitor. Does the latter actually deceive people who know you personally?
                        My understand is that the first create specific appearance, so you basically creates a second identity that people may interact as a different person and trace back to the last time they see you in that appearance, while the second just make you harder to identify, not bothering to create a new appearance, just making it hard to trace you.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
                        Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
                        Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Additional question - how sweepingly should interpret the abilities covered by No Barriers, because Field Conditions can cover A LOT.

like can you scale up the side of a building like Spider-Man and leap roof top to roof top like a Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon character provided you are on the Hunt, because those physical obstacles fall under the broad application of “Field Conditions”?

Comment

I haven't read No Barriers yet, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd keep it strictly mechanical. If the Field is giving a complication to Athletics rolls due to the fragmented nature of the ground (anything from jumping from building-to-building to chasing someone by jumping from the top of one pole to another,) then the mastery would apply. Unless I was going for a wuxia feel to the game, I wouldn't allow it for leaping from tip of bamboo to tip of bamboo. Scaling buildings? Not like Spider-Man, but if there were sparse hand-holds, then sure, I'd probably allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post
                              I haven't read No Barriers yet, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd keep it strictly mechanical. If the Field is giving a complication to Athletics rolls due to the fragmented nature of the ground (anything from jumping from building-to-building to chasing someone by jumping from the top of one pole to another,) then the mastery would apply. Unless I was going for a wuxia feel to the game, I wouldn't allow it for leaping from tip of bamboo to tip of bamboo. Scaling buildings? Not like Spider-Man, but if there were sparse hand-holds, then sure, I'd probably allow it.
                              There are definitely Masteries that are that overtly superhuman though, including example effects of No Barriers punching through steel walls.

The question to me is not if Wuxia acrobatics are possible - they definitely are, but whether they’d fall under the same broad umbrella or be their own Mastery.

Comment

I would allow it.

Comment

Working...
                                X