Trinity Continuum: Assassins Pre-Order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

There are definitely Masteries that are that overtly superhuman though, including example effects of No Barriers punching through steel walls.

The question to me is not if Wuxia acrobatics are possible - they definitely are, but whether they’d fall under the same broad umbrella or be their own Mastery.
    If it gives the example of punching through steel walls, then yes, it should work for wuxia and wall-crawling.

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

If it gives the example of punching through steel walls, then yes, it should work for wuxia and wall-crawling.
      my question wasn’t “is this too extreme”, it was “should these two things be covered by the same Mastery”?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

my question wasn’t “is this too extreme”, it was “should these two things be covered by the same Mastery”?
        I think my answer still stands, if breaking through walls is covered by the mastery, why wouldn't climbing them or leaping across trees? All of them are obstacles to movement, and that is what the mastery overcomes, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Florin View Post

I think my answer still stands, if breaking through walls is covered by the mastery, why wouldn't climbing them or leaping across trees? All of them are obstacles to movement, and that is what the mastery overcomes, correct?

Yeah, I guess I'm struggling with powers that in-setting are unrelatedly developed skills being covered by the same Mastery by virtue of the sharing the same mechanical abstraction.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

They are "kind of" the same mechanics. in practical terms, a barrier dont necessarily blocks attacks, and a cover dont need to work as a barrier, as you can read in the mastery itself, it describes what to do in both cases (attacks and movements).

Personaly, I would make 2 different Masteries, that one only for attacks and another all about movement, but it really seams to be written to cover both.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
            Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
            Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Working...
            X