No announcement yet.

Modern Day Trinity product?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalwarts and Mesmerists have specificities of DE that are the equivalent to Maxing out and Reaching for powers respectively that must be kept, while removing their DE capacity.

it’s also important to keep the many other uses of inspiration (gain scale, facet specific rolls, defense bonus, etc) that were not changed from Core to Adventure!

Personally, I have some house rules for Stalwarts as low powered Novas, that balance them against Psiads and talents as written (basically reduce the quantum cap, the tier and the available quantum pool).
    Last edited by Mateus Luz; 06-22-2022, 04:00 PM.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
    Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
    Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Or you could go the Superiors route. The “Psions in the Modern Day” section of Æon Æxpansion includes a suggestion of “officially, psions require Prometheus Chambers; but what if they were a naturally occurring phenomenon?” Likewise: officially, Superiors require the Nakamura process; but what if they didn't, and that's just how the superhuman branch of Inspiration manifests?
      Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-22-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'd personally go with modern day Superiors rather than Stalwarts. Even if you don't want them to be naturally occurring the Nakamura process is implied to not require tech anywhere near as advanced as the Prometheus Chambers. Honestly as far as Quantum users go I prefer Superiors, but that's because I'm just not into superheroes.

As to Psion's vs Psiads vs Mesmerists, I can honestly see the logic behind them going Psion. They're probably the easiest for new players, with the fact that they can pick a psionic specialty and barely have to worry about the other psionic Aptitudes. You don't even have to deal with most of the combining powers bit, learn how you can enhance others and you'll probably manage.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

Psions are the best characters to form parties. All the others take advantage of working together, but Psions are MADE to work together. They are perfect PCs, with specialized functions and with the ability of boosting eachother.

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
          House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
          Fists of Flux - Inspired and Powered Martial Arts for Talents
          Tomes of Inspiration - Rituals and Dark Magic in Fists of Flux

Comment

Honestly, it would depend. If I was trying to stick as close to “canon” as possible, I'd go with mesmerists and stalwarts; because Doyen Barrier. (Though I might tweak mesmerist DE to be less about “reaching” and more about synergy between mesmerists.)

If I were going for something where canon goes out the window, I'd backport Superiors and either psiads or psions into the present.
            Last edited by Dataweaver; 06-23-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

In my "Heroic Age" setting, Stalwarts still exist, using Superior rules. They occur in the same manner as Talents, rather than a single triggering process.

“Humpty had always sat on walls, it was his way.”
              Jasper Fforde, The Big Over Easy

Comment

Working...
              X