[TC 2E] Why Paths dots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [TC 2E] Why Paths dots?

Why Paths have dots value in Trinity Continuum 2E mechanics? Someone can explained it to me?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

It’s far better that way.
    It indicates how important you are to the community the path represents
    It gives you an option of improving your connections and have more of them
    It gives you a chance to have more paths

House Rules - The Basics - House Rules for Trinity Continuum
    House Rules - Quantum - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
    House Rules - Psi - House Rules for Trinity Continuum: Æon
    Fists and Tomes - Inspired Martial Arts and Mysticism for Talents

Comment

They have dot values because your character gets stuff by buying dots. Every time you spend 18 xp to buy a dot, your character gains three dots in Path Skills, two dots in Path Edges, and a dot in Contacts. Since Skills cost 5 xp, Path Edges cost 2 xp, and Contacts can't be improved outside of your Paths, buying traits via a Path saves you 1 xp and gets you a free boost to Contacts. This encourages characters to invest in their Paths, and knowing a character's Paths is an easy way to understand their intended party role.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Why Paths have dots value in Trinity Continuum 2E mechanics? Someone can explained it to me?
        The simple answer is that Path dots serve the same role in TC that social Backgrounds serve in the original World of Darkness. Every Path forms a community of sorts, and you can benefit from being part of the “in crowd” .

Comment

Working...
        X