[TC 2E] Languages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post
    Aeon was created in the 90s to be the ultimate scifi setting, with all possible scifi genres, and most genres don’t have brain implants, so no implants, except if you are Nihonjin (because Japan was turned into the cyberpunk genre node).
    I always thought the FSA was the cyberpunk region. It might not have the tech, but it certainly has the social structures.

Also implants in Aeon are, IIRC, really not that strong. The impressive stuff comes from the fact that they're used to disguise Superiors, I'd presume most are either relatively minor boosts or just replacements for missing bits.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoDSix View Post
      I'd presume most are either relatively minor boosts or just replacements for missing bits.
      Given that Aeon's medical tech is fully capable of replacing lost limbs and organs, most folks don't see the need for cybernetic prosthetics that will need a lifetime of maintenance. This is why most hardtech implants are used by government agents or criminals; they're the ones who need extra functionality covertly implanted into their bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdboi View Post
        Given that Aeon's medical tech is fully capable of replacing lost limbs and organs, most folks don't see the need for cybernetic prosthetics that will need a lifetime of maintenance. This is why most hardtech implants are used by government agents or criminals; they're the ones who need extra functionality covertly implanted into their bodies.
        You can say what you like, but I have suspicions that when I play Aeon it'll include advanced versions of modern prosthetics because I find them cool, and that's enough reason to have them.

Blue is sarcasm.

If I suggestion I make contradicts in-setting metaphysics please ignore me, I probably brought in scientific ideas.

Comment

Soooo... Instead of GLASS from Anima, in Aeon most people are with their hologlasses or smart eye lances, that they can put out in any moment they do not like it? So all have basically personal computer - like with GLASS in Anima - only not implanted in body or brain, but just outside devices?

Next^x version of Microsoft HoloLens 2?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

I always thought the FSA was the cyberpunk region. It might not have the tech, but it certainly has the social structures.
            It was. I think Japan was sort of the anime cyberpunk of Akira (sans psychic powers) and Ghost in the Shell, while North America was more William Gibson and Cyberpunk 2020 with Psi powers.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

You can say what you like, but I have suspicions that when I play Aeon it'll include advanced versions of modern prosthetics because I find them cool, and that's enough reason to have them.
              I said most folks. Player Characters are obviously not most folks; they're unhinged lunatics willing to lop off perfectly good limbs in order to attach lightsaber chainsaws to their wrists.

Slightly more seriously, the Anima manuscript had some cybernetic options, which were treated as new Edges rather than as equipment or Conditions.

Comment

I think we got too much off topic - I created the topic for talk on the Tech in various eras...
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-24-2022, 07:56 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X