Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Continuum Ask the Devs

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • @Thrythlind

    Transcendence is the punishment mechanic, that is it is just renamed Permanent Taint after all. The Ascensions you speak of are a mechanic of reaching Quantum 10 at which point you become unplayable because you become part of a cosmic force or transcend this realm of being Etc.

    That is to say there are 2 ways to ascend in Aberrant 2nd ed, Transcendence 10 in which case you become unpalyable due to being incapable of understanding human emotions and becoming a transformed monster and there is Quantum 10 at which point you become so powerful that you are a cosmic force or create your own universe or something else equally epic.

    Latter I dislike since creating a new alternate universe for Novas to live in has been a character goal for me, though naturally the character itself does not yet fathom he could do so and is merely seeking to create his own Nova state and his own city made of solidified light, which was doable in 1st without loosing your character. But then again nothing stops me from continuing with the character at our table, unless the SG wants to retire him at that point of course, once he finally reaches those heights of power.

    Comment


    • Are there any Aberrant supplements planned beyond the Kickstarter stretch goals (like how Aeon has the space book and the earth book in the works)?


      Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

      Comment


      • A few craft related questions:

        Can you apply Flaws to Q-Tech as though they were negative Tags? I.E. does giving something a Flaw mean you can add more Nova stuff to it?

        If you're building an item to just have at chargen, does it have a required number of Flaws, like the Artifact background?

        If I build a rank 5 Core Tech fabrication lab that grants maximum Enhancement on designing/building stuff with said lab, does that Enhancement apply when I'm trying to build Q-Tech in that lab?

        For items above rank 2, is there a strict mathematical relationship between how much Enhancement you can have on an item and how many Edge dots/Power dots you can have or is it more of a "negotiate this with your Storyguide" situation?

        Once you have shifted the paradigm and turned Q-Tech into Nova or Core tech, how many flux points should the conventional power source be able to produce? I mean, I get that in some cases it shouldn't matter, but it would be useful to know how many shots that Nova-Tech Disruptor has so I'll know whether I should see if I'm feeling lucky or not.

        Would a Flaw for an item being "Bulky" be appropriate? Maybe you couldn't afford Eufiber superconducting batteries so you had to make do with a more conventional one that fills an entire backpack, that sort of thing. Possibly one for "Stationary" too, meaning it's huge, tied into the power grid, and/or actually physically built into the room, so you can't take it anywhere without tons of work?


        ....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

          The answers to those questions will be in the AEon AExpansion.
          Will it clear up the confusion about who the Tier 3 sidebar on p.125 applies to?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            A few craft related questions:

            Can you apply Flaws to Q-Tech as though they were negative Tags? I.E. does giving something a Flaw mean you can add more Nova stuff to it?
            As per what was in the Kickstarter, that’s not the intent, no.

            Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            If you're building an item to just have at chargen, does it have a required number of Flaws, like the Artifact background?
            I don’t see why it would have to assume the inventor didn’t take the time to overcome the Flaw.

            Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            If I build a rank 5 Core Tech fabrication lab that grants maximum Enhancement on designing/building stuff with said lab, does that Enhancement apply when I'm trying to build Q-Tech in that lab?
            I’d allow it - it’s pretty much how Tony Stark speeds up his invention process.

            Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            For items above rank 2, is there a strict mathematical relationship between how much Enhancement you can have on an item and how many Edge dots/Power dots you can have or is it more of a "negotiate this with your Storyguide" situation?
            There’s a bit of negotiation but it’s vaguely 1.5 dots of Edges to 1 dot of Quantum power.

            Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            Once you have shifted the paradigm and turned Q-Tech into Nova or Core tech, how many flux points should the conventional power source be able to produce? I mean, I get that in some cases it shouldn't matter, but it would be useful to know how many shots that Nova-Tech Disruptor has so I'll know whether I should see if I'm feeling lucky or not.
            That’s a good question. I’d suggest that installing a ‘Quantum Fuel Tank’ that holds what looks like Quantum points but specifically isn’t would be purchased through Edge dots - I’m not sure off the top of my head how many Q-points of fuel per Edge dot would be a reasonable exchange. Maybe 1 dot per 5 or 10?

            Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            Would a Flaw for an item being "Bulky" be appropriate? Maybe you couldn't afford Eufiber superconducting batteries so you had to make do with a more conventional one that fills an entire backpack, that sort of thing. Possibly one for "Stationary" too, meaning it's huge, tied into the power grid, and/or actually physically built into the room, so you can't take it anywhere without tons of work?
            Seems reasonable. The Flaws included in the document are only a selection meant to fuel your imagination, after all.


            Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

            Comment


            • Originally posted by muon View Post

              Will it clear up the confusion about who the Tier 3 sidebar on p.125 applies to?
              Where is there confusion on that sidebar? It literally says only proxies are that tier. Now, that should apply to only talents and psions, since only those two kinds of PCs existed when it was written. Anything which comes out after Aeon should say if something within it is tier 3 or not, like Aberrant did.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Florin View Post

                Where is there confusion on that sidebar? It literally says only proxies are that tier. Now, that should apply to only talents and psions, since only those two kinds of PCs existed when it was written. Anything which comes out after Aeon should say if something within it is tier 3 or not, like Aberrant did.
                It says the opposite.
                Proxies are only one type of character who are at this Tier. All characters in this Tier share
                certain advantages. Instead of 8, their target number for all rolls is 7. In addition, they can
                possess up to six dots in any Attribute even if they do not possess the Extraordinary Attribute
                Edge. Remember that ordinary humans are Tier 1 characters, while ordinary psions
                and Talents are Tier 2 characters.
                Only one type, as opposed to all of them. There are also NPC Aberrants and Novas.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by muon View Post

                  It says the opposite.
                  Only one type, as opposed to all of them. There are also NPC Aberrants and Novas.

                  Yeah, mis-read that. However, The only part of that which would apply to NPCs is the lower target number. NPCs don't have attributes. Are you confused as to whether PC Novas should be able to get 6 dots of attributes? Right now, I would say no, since the Aberrant manuscript doesn't mention it, and Aberrant is meant to be played even if you've never heard of Aeon. Since that line about attributes isn't in the TC core or in Aberrant, novas should probably ignore it. However, OPP could add it to the manuscript later.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by muon View Post

                    It says the opposite.
                    Only one type, as opposed to all of them. There are also NPC Aberrants and Novas.
                    It’s not the only place Aberrant and Aeon have slightly variant rules (see Aberrant’s limitation on Enhancements outside of Scale). The sidebar is presumably the rule on Tier 3 for Aeon. Use Aberrant’s rules playing Aberrant.


                    Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

                    Comment


                    • Is there any way to get some version of the Armory Edge for Q-Tech? The attunement rules seem to preclude that, but there’s potential for superheroes who carry various types of gadgets and such which would be fun to play.


                      ....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                        Is there any way to get some version of the Armory Edge for Q-Tech? The attunement rules seem to preclude that, but there’s potential for superheroes who carry various types of gadgets and such which would be fun to play.
                        Use the Modular Tag. It was made exactly for that.

                        Comment


                        • A question about Mega-Speed, this Mega-Edge affects all movement modes or only running movement?
                          I ask this because of Space Travel section: it's say Mega-Speed helps in the Space Speed Scale.

                          Comment


                          • How long will the links for the Aberrant Playtest Form remain active?

                            Comment


                            • The form was going to close on the 15th. I’m not sure if it did.


                              Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bunyip View Post
                                The form was going to close on the 15th. I’m not sure if it did.
                                It did not. At least I was able to add something this weekend.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X