This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by impernious View Post

A single power calling out "gain these benefits as Techniques" is an exception, not a definition of the rule.

Well, if the exception to the rule is "If the benefit can be argued or ST caveat" seems like an exception I'd roll with.

Comment

A single power calling out "gain these benefits as Techniques" is an exception, not a definition of the rule.
      To me that means the exception is possible and is therefor gonna be allowed as a rule. Especially as there really isnt any good reason not to let Meg-Edges that fit theme and purpose be included.

My complaint on this matter aside, thank you for your presence on the forums. Its appreciated. As is your work making Trinity awesome.
      Last edited by LordHeru; 08-28-2019, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Was there another version after the initial compilation of the individual previews? Because Totentanz and Violet are still in mine.

I'm missing Totentanz, Violet, Dalit and a few others. I checked the originals, I know they were there, but in mine they've gone AWOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpectacularTentacular View Post

I'm missing Totentanz, Violet, Dalit and a few others. I checked the originals, I know they were there, but in mine they've gone AWOL.
          Bizarre. I've got the most current one and Violet is on 105, Totentanz is on 123, and Dalit is on 111 and 114, though she didn't have a full writeup of her own. She was included in the Pandaimonion and Pantheon writeups.

Comment

• Please remember:

Originally posted by RichT View Post
            Please be sure that you are posting only questions for the Trinity Continuum devs in this thread, and leave them the space to answer them. Thanks!
            If you're posting open questions for the forum in general, please use a different thread. If you're tempted to come and answer someone else's question, please use a different thread.

I often don't involve myself in conversations here because every's just conversing with each other, which is kind of counter to the point of an "ask the devs" thread. The best way to encourage the developers to interact with you is to leave us space to do so.

Ian A. A. Watson
            Onyx Path Community Manager
            Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

• So to any of the devs, but especially Danielle, I was wondering if you could comment a bit on the design logic behind Narrative and Dramatic Scale being as close as they are in TC. As I understand it, the goal is for Darkseid to shatter a city with a punch that Batman can still limp away from, but as I understand the rules Narrative Scale multiplying successes after the roll, and Dramatic Scale adding successes aren’t going to be THAT hugely different, and sometimes Dramatic might even be greater if it’s a poorer roll on a medium to large Scale gap.

Maybe i’m comparing this to Scion too much, where the Narrative multipliers are so much more extreme than the Dramatic Enhancements, but I guess I’m asking why TC goes in so much of a more conservative direction in that regard.

If any of that comes off as complaining or accusatory, I promise that’s failure of the internet to translate, tone, I’m honestly just wrestling with the rules making sure I fully grasp their application.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Yep. Just Leadership.
                So Mega-Presence and Mega-Manipulation add Scale to resisting influence, but Mega-Composure doesn’t interact with it at all despite being the Resistance Attribute? Or am I misunderstanding?

Comment

• Another quick question if the devs are still reading this:

Is Mega-Might supposed to be one Scale higher than other powers at the same number of dots? As it stands, it seems like Mega-Might 3 (Scale +3, so Scale 4) would be one level of Scale higher than Durability 3 (Scale 1 + 1 per dot above the first), Quantum Field 3, or Quantum Attack 3.

So, can a Mega-Might 3 character attacking a Durability 3 character use Inflict Damage more than once (core rules pg 112)? Or are they supposed to actually be considered the same Scale?

Comment

• Is the intent that Nihjon Superiors(who aren’t intelligence agents) and most Psiads will use custom Society paths?

Comment

Working...
                    X