This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mateus Luz View Post

I laughed a lot now. First time I read about Euphiber being made my Buendias skin I thought Thats disgusting!

New euphiber is a bit different from the original, but still...
    I agree with you on that. I never liked the fact that it was made from Buendias himself. It always squirked me. Soooo when I heard they were changing that in this new edition I was quite happy and pleased and thought "thumbs up on this awesome decision!"

Comment

See this is one of those areas where I feel like something that made the setting distinct is lost.

I’m inclined to have them originate from his body, but then samples used to create new colony growth.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

I laughed a lot now. First time I read about Euphiber being made my Buendias skin I thought Thats disgusting!

New euphiber is a bit different from the original, but still...
        In 1e original eufiber came from Buendias’ hair but a synthetic version soon became available.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Originally posted by Bunyip View Post

In 1e original eufiber came from Buendias’ hair but a synthetic version soon became available.
          I remember coming from his body. Anyway, the synthetic version was useful for all things baseline, but only the original was the one you got with the Euphiber edge.

Comment

Will Raoul Duke be in this edition?

Comment

Originally posted by NullApostle View Post
              Will Raoul Duke be in this edition?
              Not in the core, but that doesn't necessarily mean he won't appear at all.

Ian A. A. Watson
              Onyx Path Community Manager

Comment

Given the difference in terminology, how does Flux, Quantum and Transcendence relate to Corruption and the Transference Quantakinetic power? Is Corruption Flux? Transcendence? Can Transferance temporarily lower Transcendence? Remove Flux?

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

RE: Cestus Pax

Doing a bit of compare and contrast between the two editions of Aberrant.

In first edition, "Caestus Pax" was named Shelby Eisenfaust, and was depicted as a rampaging ego-maniac obsessed with his public image.

In Trinity Continuum, "Cestus Pax" is Samuel Williams, a nova who is uncomfortable with the burdens of leadership but loyal to the ideals of Project Utopia.

I am curious about the reasons for the change, and if this is supposed to be the same person, or if the new version is a completely different individual.

Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
                  The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
                  Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
                  Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Comment

Same person, different take on the character to better fit with 2e themes.

Writer. Developer. World of Darkness | Chronicles of Darkness | The Trinity Continuum

Comment

Two entirely different characters basically.

Ian said in a podcast that they want a optimist setting, and one of the things they did is making Utopia and Aeon in general less shadow-ish.

Pax was a jerk and he was the symbol of T2M, the new Pax is reluctant to be a leader, it means he is not there for the position but because he need to be there, so T2M is not about public image but about doing the right thing that must be done.

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                        See this is one of those areas where I feel like something that made the setting distinct is lost.

I’m inclined to have them originate from his body, but then samples used to create new colony growth.
                        Agreed on both counts, but especially the first. That said, this topic might return in the Secrets chapter. The Powers That Be haven’t spoiled much about that chapter and we may discover it hasn’t actually changed. Unless of course if it’s already been stated definitively and I’m not aware.

Comment

If Eufiber is not alive anymore it will ruin all of my symbiote concepts... and one of my ST’s recurring creepy npc that is a vampiric sentient eufiber colony that uses, and takes control of, Nova hosts untill they die of the strain and then it seeks a new host.

Why the change if I may ask?

Comment

I honestly prefer the non living Euphiber, first because it made little to no sense and was a bit off from other superhero settings. Yes, there is Venon and Carnage, but they were exceptions and not the rule for superhero uniforms.

The difference in the setting is quite small (as there was no sign of vampiric Euphiber in Aberrant raw, I may be wrong).

Anyway it’s your game, and if your world have living hair attached from a Costarican guy, you have my total aprove.

Comment

I honestly prefer the non living Euphiber, first because it made little to no sense and was a bit off from other superhero settings. Yes, there is Venon and Carnage, but they were exceptions and not the rule for superhero uniforms.

The difference in the setting is quite small (as there was no sign of vampiric Euphiber in Aberrant raw, I may be wrong).

Anyway it’s your game, and if your world have living hair attached from a Costarican guy, you have my total aprove.
                              Vampiric Eufiber is in Aberrant Players Guide p.81.

Of course it’s a bit off from other superhero settings, so was (is?) whole Aberrant in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                                Vampiric Eufiber is in Aberrant Players Guide p.81.

Of course it’s a bit off from other superhero settings, so was (is?) whole Aberrant in general.
                                Never read the entire Players Guide, just a few pages, mainly the Q6+ Powers. Sorry, I didn’t know.

Comment

Working...
                                X